Your First Game

My first match was this one and i can remember every painful minute
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7aCK98MFfU[/youtube]

Mine was at Maine Road, against West ham. Sat behind the goal in the North Stand with my Dad. Can't remember the score but I'm sure Nial Quinn got the winner for us and Iain Dowie scored for them. I also remember they had a third choice, very young keeper

Other than the odd reserve team at the start of the season it was City at home to Stoke just before Christmas 1967, sat on the front row of the Platt Lane. All I remember was that it was a massive day for me, City won and I was freezing.

First live game at Maine Road was December 8th 1984 - a 2-0 victory over Notts County in what was Div 2 at the time (translates to 'The Championship' for the youngsters on this forum).

The game was memorable for what is still one of the greatest goals I've ever witnessed - a 45 yard dipping volley from Jim Melrose right into the roof of North Stand goal.

I thought it was going to be like that every week !!!

Portsmouth away in 97/98. Pretty sure we won 3-0 and Rosler and Kinkladze scored, no idea who got the other. Don't remember any in depth details about the match, just stuff my dad has told me. My first home game was against Oxford later that season, which i remember absolutely nothing about but have since discovered we lost 2-0.

I'm 13 and although I had been to games before the first one I can remember going to was against Liverpool at home in 2005, Kiki Musampa scoring the winner!

I was too young to remember my first game unfortunately - It would of been about 1983 - i would have been 4 at the time. My dad worked for GM Buses who used put on travel for various supports clubs and my dad (and me) would get in for free. I don't remember seeing much of the game becasue i was so small as we were always in the stands.

Too young to remember around 1980 at the age of six.

Remember images of seeing Arsenal but first real memory was hitting Norwich for six in the FA Cup Final run.

The first derby game I was allowed to attend was 1985 when Mick McCarthy scored with that header.

Only 30,000 there that day, can't remember why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.