Your First Game

City v Birmingham November 75 Colin Bell scored both goals in a 2-0 win but it was his last league game become he suffered his injury v the rags

First away Bolton at Burden in 78 2-2 draw

22nd October 1989 City 0 Aston Villa 2 (Tony Daley, Ian Olney) Att 23,000+
Line Up
1. Andy Dibble
2. Gary Fleming
3. Andy Hinchcliffe
4. Ian Bishop
5. Brian Gayle
6. Steve Redmond
7. David White
8. Trevow Morley
9. David Oldfield
10. Ian Brightwell
11. Paul Lake
Subs
Justin Fashanu
Clive Allen

A baptism of fire, but once you've got the bug there's no going back! David Platt played for Villa that day, prior to making a name for himself in the 1990 World Cup and playing in Italy with a certain Mr Mancini.

RyantheBlue said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
1993 vs - Coventry at home I was 5 and it ended 0-0

I see you got an exciting one ;)

Young blues these days won't see thrillers like that again! ;-)

I remember a few seasons ago we played Tottenham first game of the season and Hart had a blinder, the game was very much like that from what I remember Andy Dibble had a quality game!

Liverpool think it was 1978 all i can remember is we won 3-1 & Mick Channon must of got at least one as i can remember him doing his windmill thing

My wife was lucky enough to be chose by the club to have her first game featured in the stadium. It's the one about her going to watch us v spuds cos she quite fancied Gary Lineker. Obviously she left the game as life long Blue.

1st home West Brom Sept 70 - won 4-1
1st away stoke Feb 1975 - Lost 4-0
1st League Cup - 1972/3 Rochdale home won 4-0
1st FA Cup - Boro home 1971/2 Drew 1-1
1st Euro - 1976/7 Juventus home won 1-0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.