Your First Game

Remember it like yesterday, Brighton away at the Goldstone, 25 October 1980 (had to look that bit up!). I was 9, my Dad took me and wouldn't let my 7 year old sister go, and she is still angry about it now!

Tueart scored a couple in a 2-1 win, I missed both the goals looking the wrong way, but didn't matter because we were on Match of the Day later. Dad had passed me down to the front of the terraces and I was beside myself with excitement when the camera panned past where I was standing for about a second. Happy days.

although my dad had taken me to a few reserve games earlier my first league game was v aston villa april 1959. both clubs were in danger of relegation and whoever lost would almost certainly go down but whoever won would almost certainly stay up. city won 2-1 and bert trautmann was carried off the field shoulder high by supporters. villa went down and city stayed up. city were shit for years afterwards but i was hooked.

my first fa cup game was v southampton 3rd round 1960. despite being a 3rd division side they brought loads of fans and i was fascinated by their 'peculiar' accent. city scored first through colin barlow and had another disallowed for offside. this was going to be fun. but it wasn't. city lost 1-5.

my first derby was in august 1960. the game was abandoned at 2-2 and i can't recall seeing so much rain before or since.

1st Home Game
Jan 94 Arsenal Drew 0-0 I was 7 nearly 8

1st Away Game
August 96 Bolton (Burnden Park) Lost 1-0 When i was 10

Now on a run of 483 competitive games on the trot going back to April 2002 500 coming up next season all being well

I know the first game I went to, I even know the result and the scorers...thanks to the internet.
Can I remember anything about it? Can I fuck.

Newcastle at home late 60s , i think, we drew 1-1 . somebody called McFall was in goal for the Geordies ( i think that was his name) strange i cant remember anything more about the game , other than seeing Sky Blue shirts on that vivid Green / muddy pitch ,

Oldham 1st home game of the 88/89 promotion season got beat 4 1 roger palmer hattrick great day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.