Your First Game

City - Coventry 1-1 95/96 at Maine Road. Uwe Rösler opens the scoring but Dion Dublin equalises. Niall Quinn should have had a brace. Nigel Clough signed from Liverpool for 1.5m the same week. I thought he was gonna be ace for us. It was bloody cold 3 rows from the bottom of the kippax on a cold windy January afternoon. All the same I was back for more.

Sheffield United,March 1962,drew 1-1,about 20,000 at Maine Road.I think Joe Hayes got our goal.Team :-
Trautmann
Kennedy Sear

Benson Leivers Oakes

Young Dobing Barlow Hayes Wagstaffe

Notts County @ Home late 70's early 80's, sat behind Helen the Bell Ringer as a kid that day, remember giving their goalkeeper some stick and getting clapped.

hazy memories of Maine Road

1999 QPR vs City at Loftus road, all I can remember was it finishing 1-1 and Super Kev scoring, was 6 at the time though!

1989 or 1990 away to nottingham Forrest I think. We won and I think it was 5-1. My second match was also away and he scoreline was same so I soon became a lucky mascot, also as a girl I could smuggle in the beer and not get searched by cops as there were never any female cops to search me, so happy days .........

city played a game in ireland quite a few years ago in dundalk, my grandad took me and swp scored the winner and he was only 18! will never forget it, i was only about 8 or 9 :)

5-2 at Maine Road v Spurs, 1994/1995 I think.

At my age then, almost 4, I had no chance of remembering the scorers, or other such details. Even my Dad didn't and he was 33 then, so I agree with the OP in the respect that for those of us who first went when we were very young, it does require a swift check of the scorers and such.

Strange one but my first game was May 6 1998. 0-0 draw with Jamaica at Maine Road. It was a World Cup warm up for them pre France 98. 4 years old at the time. Nicky Weaver's debut as well

Haven't a clue. I remember the first away game I ever went to. It was at Burnley. But I don't remember the first game I saw at Maine Road, or even the season.

First Home Aug 79 Brighton Won 3:2
First League Cup Aug 79 v Sheff Weds Won 2:0 I think I know Paul Henry def scored.
First Away March 80 v United 100th derby Lost 1:0 Going Underground The Jam reminds me of this day sat in seats at back of the Stretford End with my old man keeping quiet.
First F.A cup January 81 v Palace- Big Mal running towards the Kippax! Won 4:0
First European game astonishingly v TNS Aug 2003 Won 5:0 24 years later!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.