Your Football Manager Seasons?

I've just started a new game as unemployed and with Sunday League as my past experience, with leagues going down to Blue Square North and the bottom possible divisions in Italy and Spain.

The problem is I'm laughed out of town for every job I apply for even at the very lowest levels, does anyone know if it's just a case of patience or do I need to put my past experience up to have chance?

I don't really want to do that though, it defeats the point of working from your way up if I had the kind of advantage of being an ex-pro.

EDIT: Nevermind Newport County just gave me a two year contract!

Manchester City Team 2011/2012

-----------------------GIVEN-----------------------------

--RICHARDS------KJEAR--------TOURE-------KOLOROV----

--------------------YAYA TOURE----------------------------

---BALOTELLI--------------SILVA-----------AGUERO--------

-------------------TEVEZ---------DZEKO--------------

Bit embarrasing really.

MadchesterCity said:
Just coming up for Season 2012/2013

Team is as follows

29lkd1x.png

Favourite formations

346ucz4.png

Hoping to buy Messi and Hamsik next but not sure which players to trim in my squad.

Squad harmony is currently 88% so dont want to upset the team

-- Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:07 pm --

14sltk.png

Could you print screen both Guidetti and Weiss' player profile, I want to see how good they become.

Currently managing Murcia, got them promoted in my first season and I'm hovering around the bottom half of the table. I've got enough to stay up, but my team is relatively young, and really inconsistent. I've beaten teams like Barca and Ath.Madrid, but then lose to Malaga. Don't know if its just my teams inexperience or my tactics.

But heres my team:
28sal4x.jpg

It's maybe just in my own game, but i find packing central midfield a far more consistent way of getting results than playing with wingers or wide players.

I do have a pretty brilliant squad though to be fair, turned Napoli into the major force in Italian football.

pee dubya said:
It's maybe just in my own game, but i find packing central midfield a far more consistent way of getting results than playing with wingers or wide players.

I do have a pretty brilliant squad though to be fair, turned Napoli into the major force in Italian football.
I'm going to try that with Murcia, I've bought some really good young talent, so hopefully they'll blossom over the next few seasons. I would pack my midfield out, but I've got quite a few wingers and they're playing well.

Jay-Mcfc said:
pee dubya said:

I'm going to try that with Murcia, I've bought some really good young talent, so hopefully they'll blossom over the next few seasons. I would pack my midfield out, but I've got quite a few wingers and they're playing well.

Yeah, i mean obviously you have to stick with the formation that suits your squad. Maybe try and see if theres a pattern to your good results? Against teams that play a certain formation, or even just home matches, then try something different when you think you're likely to play crap.

Urgh 0-0 with Atalanta, a point behind Genoa with 7 matches left.

pee dubya said:
Jay-Mcfc said:

Yeah, i mean obviously you have to stick with the formation that suits your squad. Maybe try and see if theres a pattern to your good results? Against teams that play a certain formation, or even just home matches, then try something different when you think you're likely to play crap.

I tend to play well with a narrow width and slow tempo, so might just stick to that instead of fannying around every so often. I just drew 1-1 with Valencia who are 3rd, so I'm happy with that result, Guidetti with a 86th minute equaliser lol. Still in 14th after 26 games, 2 points behind Racing in 10th, so its fairly tight.

i got a bit nostalgic today and put the 2008 edition on

after 22 games i'm 5th (6 points behind liverpool in 1st) i just beat fulham away in the league cup semi final 1st leg, and i'm in the 4th round of the fa cup (against southampton)

my team

---------------------k schemiechel

m richards----- v corluka------ v kompany----- guilhereme

gasbarroni----------------------------------------- m aaritalo

-------------------- elano van der vaart

---------------------------r bianchi

bench:

defoe
piatti
monnet paquet
onuoha
m zarate
felipe (def)
a isaksson
d vantagiatto

i reckon i'm doing ok -middlesbrough away next

oh,

and i'm getting lulinha in the next transfer window.. but who didn't buy him on 2008???

ah shizzle. ever banega is in the defensive mid postion...

Jay-Mcfc said:
pee dubya said:

I tend to play well with a narrow width and slow tempo, so might just stick to that instead of fannying around every so often. I just drew 1-1 with Valencia who are 3rd, so I'm happy with that result, Guidetti with a 86th minute equaliser lol. Still in 14th after 26 games, 2 points behind Racing in 10th, so its fairly tight.

Narrow width and slow tempo with wingers, seems strange but whatever works i suppose.

Just had my 4th sending off in like 6 matches, got to hang on to a 1-0 lead away to Udinese....make that i've got to hang on to a 1-1 draw away at Udinese.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:47 pm --<br /><br />Ah, best midfielder just got injured, this is going well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.