Your ideal central-midfield signing for next summer ?

Don’t embarrass yourself mate.

He’s an absolutely integral part of a side who’ve lost once in about 35 games and have just won the WC.

Absolutely tailor made for the premier league.
He would be a nightmare to play against so I'd rather him on my team than another. He definitely has the technical skills required too as shown in his years at Udinese where he was one of the best midfielders in the Seria A.

His form hasn't been as good after joining Athletico, but that's a pretty familiar pattern with that club.

It's incredible what four great performances have done for Rodrigo De Paul's reputation.

He's alright but not what we need. Going from any of our current midfielfers to him would be a massive downgrade.
He's been a top player for many years. In saying that, if we were to sign a midfielder form that Argentinian team I'd prefer Fernandez or Mac Allister.

He's been a top player for many years. In saying that, if we were to sign a midfielder form that Argentinian team I'd prefer Fernandez or Mac Allister.

De Paul hasn't been a top player since he left Serie A. He's also being praised for having a great tournament but he was dogshit during the group stage.

I agree those two would be preferable but the reality is if any of them joined tomorrow then they'd be fourth choice in their preferred position.

De Paul hasn't been a top player since he left Serie A. He's also being praised for having a great tournament but he was dogshit during the group stage.

I agree those two would be preferable but the reality is if any of them joined tomorrow then they'd be fourth choice in their preferred position.
I agree that his form has dipped since joining Athletico but I put more blame on their system than De Paul himself.

I also agree that in the group stages he was very average. He grew into the tournament like the team and saved his best performances for the last few games.

He was also incredible for Argentina throughout the the qualification stages.

Realistically either of those 2 wouldn't be signing on tomorrow and would be ideal replacements for Gundogan. They are both very intelligent and can adapt quickly to what's required. Both are defensively strong and good in attack.

Who would you personally like us to sign for midfield next year?

I agree that his form has dipped since joining Athletico but I put more blame on their system than De Paul himself.

I also agree that in the group stages he was very average. He grew into the tournament like the team and saved his best performances for the last few games.

He was also incredible for Argentina throughout the the qualification stages.

Realistically either of those 2 wouldn't be signing on tomorrow and would be ideal replacements for Gundogan. They are both very intelligent and can adapt quickly to what's required. Both are defensively strong and good in attack.

Who would you personally like us to sign for midfield next year?

I don't think there's enough time for me to list all the players I think we should prioritise before him. You've even highlighted two better options in his own national team.

I don't think there's enough time for me to list all the players I think we should prioritise before him. You've even highlighted two better options in his own national team.
I'm not asking for a list of all the players we should prioritise before De Paul, I'm just asking your opinion of who you would like us to sign.

My choice would be Mac Allister/Fernandez for next year if we can't get Bellingham.

Just a general comment. I have a look at the BBC 'gossip' page every morning just to have a look to see if we are mentioned and we seldom are. I know that 99% of the 'gossips' never amount to anything but it's weird how they refer to United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid and virtually never us who are the champions and more importantly ruin football by spending fortunes on players.

I know the gossip page is mostly nonsense but nonetheless, it's as if the BBC are ignoring us.

Mind you, it is the BBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.