Your ideal central-midfield signing for next summer ?

Assuming Gundogan and Bernardo leave...
Bellingham 100%.
Potentially move Foden or Grealish into midfield, and buy a winger to replace.
If Lavia moves, we should make sure he moves here. If he stays at Southampton, wait and see how he develops for another year.
McAtee back to gradually introduce.

If Lavia moves, we should make sure he moves here. If he stays at Southampton, wait and see how he develops for another year.
I’d like to see Lavia back, but can see Chelsea going for him again this summer.

I’d like to see Lavia back, but can see Chelsea going for him again this summer.
Echo that, I have the sneaking suspicion that Bellingham might be Madrid bound and the price too high for us.

But with Lavia, I'm hoping there are 2 realizations from the club:

1) Seeing Lewis at 18, and his drive, and how he displaced the starters might give more hope to the youth

2) He's also done really well at Southampton, came back from injury, and continued to do well.

Lavia was one of our highest rated academy players for a reason, use that buyback.

Gives our midfield 2 options of:

Rodri
Philips
Perrone
Lavia

Those 4 can easily handle Bernie and Gundogan leaving, KdB I'd personally drop deeper there as well.

If we want a more experienced player, I think MacAllister is a gem. Just don't know how much cheaper than Bellingam he would be.

Lavia, Perrone and specially Kovacic. I am surprised by how little people want Kvacic when he is an inmense player, and I think he is better than both Bernardo and Gundogan. Bellingham would be amazing too, but too expensive.

Those 3, we can get them by 70m and then heavily invest on a world class winger and LB

Lavia, Perrone and specially Kovacic. I am surprised by how little people want Kvacic when he is an inmense player, and I think he is better than both Bernardo and Gundogan. Bellingham would be amazing too, but too expensive.

Those 3, we can get them by 70m and then heavily invest on a world class winger and LB
I was with you till you said that

We need fresh players coming in with hunger to win titles . Bernie has been a great servant over the years but I don’t think he has the same hunger anymore . We can’t just keep relying on the sane players season in season because of our sentiment towards them . We need a total revamp moving forward .

Tough one with Lavia because if he leaves Southampton, it ideally needs to be to us or we’ll never see him in a City shirt again.

He seemingly still has affection to City (rumours after he’d left that we make sure academy products have a connection to us even if they leave - a bit like Barca with Alba, Pique etc.) and assuming we have a buyback clause? Would make sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.