Your injuries for the City cause

That's nothing, mate. I was spontaneously aborted when Bert broke his neck and my mum jumped up and hit her head on the light. As a result, I have missed my entire life.
On one hand I did watch us when we were good the first time.
On the other hand you missed the Pearce years.
I'd say it's a draw.

Not just me but lots of my family and friends have too. Alcohol has usually contributed to the cause of the injuries, but it's also helped to anaesthetise them afterwards as well.
My worse (of literally dozens) was Chelsea home about 5 years ago. Jumped up and fell on a metal bar sticking out from the edge of the seat in 111. Pulled trouser leg up to view the damage and the young woman two seats away almost fainted, not much blood but you could clearly see my shin bone in the deep cut. There is an emergency hospital room (for the players) between the tunnel and the dressing room, where City's First Aid guys took me to get it stitched up. Unfortunately the bone got infected and didn't respond to the strongest anti-biotics, so three weeks later I'm having the wound opened up and cleaned with a 3 night stay in hospital. Luckily it healed otherwise the next step, according to the Consultant was amputation of the leg.
My two sons have had numerous injuries nearly every time they have followed City in Europe. Stitches in hands, head and legs on four different aways, namely Paris, Madrid, Germany (twice), etc....mostly alcohol related falls. Both had cuts and bruises (could have been worse) from their last visit to Napoli (these weren't from falls or alcohol related though!), suffice to say they wouldn't relish another trip to Naples! Uncle suffered broken bones from a fall at a night match on Alan Turing way (does that count?) and even witnessed an Aunt getting hurt whilst she tried to batter a Leeds fan in the late 60's during a mass brawl and crush after the game between Platt Lane and Kippax (does anyone remember that "gateway" leading outside from the ground?
I won't even start to mention all the friends I've seen getting hurt and injured over the years, usually at away games and many leading to hospital treatment.
Following City certainly is blood, sweat and tears and not for the faint hearted!

Cut my shin against the back of the seat in front of me at St Mary's when Jesus scored the late winner in the 100 points game and still got a small scar there.

Fell over loads of times as a kid on the kippax in the 80s celebrating goals.
Looking back I don't know how I avoided getting stood on or even worse fell into a puddle of piss which was the norm back then.

Last game of the season many years ago, we beat Cambridge at Maine Road, 5 or 6 nil, wanted to go on the pitch as per tradition last game of the season in those days, scaled the Kippax fence and fell off, pissed or pushed. Went out carrying on boozing all night, got an x ray in the morning, fractured wrist, writing hand, had my accountancy exams the following week and had to delay the fuckers by 6 months

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.