Your injuries for the City cause

Same here......back in the day hitched a lift to Everton on a flat back lorry. He stopped at a service station for a cuppa and I went for a piss....10 seconds later he's honking his horn to go. I rushed and the inevitable happened..... very painful. Broke two knuckles on my right hand defending myself and others from knife wielding Forest fans. Whilst celebrating a goal in the Kippax some twat poured glue into my hair.....had to have the lot shaved off. Bear in mind this was the era of the feather cut. Both shins from knee to ankle shredded after Dickov scored at Wembley......must have tumbled down 5 rows and was happy to do so.
How has this gone unnoticed?

Were they sniffing it or re creating Art Attack in their seat?...

Went to Villa Park 1989/90 season when we beat them with goals from Peter Reid and Mark Ward walking back to the coach after the game I got run over by Villa fans, City fans chased the car down the road but it didn’t stop the police wanted to take me to the hospital but I didn’t want to miss the coach home and end up stranded in Birmingham so got the coach home, later on my legs felt like I had run a marathon they were aching and bruised that much

Went to Villa Park 1989/90 season when we beat them with goals from Peter Reid and Mark Ward walking back to the coach after the game I got run over by Villa fans, City fans chased the car down the road but it didn’t stop the police wanted to take me to the hospital but I didn’t want to miss the coach home and end up stranded in Birmingham so got the coach home, later on my legs felt like I had run a marathon they were aching and bruised that much
I remember that incident making my back to the coach!
Wow known you for 10 years and never knew it was you!

Rosler scored in front of the North stand and did his best arms out run over the billboards and right round the wall high fiving all the massed fans leaning over the wall. My mate thought he’d have some but we were right at the top near the police box, he legged it right down the steps and through the surge at the front, arm out, just missed as Uwe and went flying arse over tit over the wall and onto the track on the edge of the pitch. Funny as fuck match days back then, apart from the football

Had many over the years,one was getting hit smack in the face with a meat and potato pie stood in the Kippax against the scum.
I Remember a referee getting hit by a pie in the late 80s ( think it was against Oldham)
The ref said it smelt warm and tasty as it hit him. Only time I've ever heard a Maine Road pie called warm and tasty

I Remember that incident very well.

Broke my arm at the play-off final after Dickov scored. Put my arm on the back of my plastic chair to keep my balance and the plastic at the base (that was screwed to the wodern bench) buckled and I fell over the back.
I only thought I'd hurt/twisted it and drove home but went to hospital the next day when it still hurt to discover I had fractured it.
Worth it.

I was working as a chef the week before the QPR game. But like so many I was working myself into a knot wondering if I was going to be able to watch the match and obviously the outcome. So come Saturday morning I collapsed in work. I was sent home but later in the afternoon I collapsed again and was brought to hospital where I spent the night. I was let out on the Sunday morning but I was still in a daze when we scored. I'd hate to think of the consequences had we lost

Trying to get out of Barnsley fc in 1981 I think. These lads in our end were pushing everyone about trying to through a gap in a fence, protecting my girlfriend at the time I had a go at them. Silly mistake, as one of them smashed me in the cheekbone. It bloody hurt so my mates got me to the St Johns Ambulance staff at the front who said it was just a bruise.
Anyhow as we got back to Manchester and lived near Crumpsall hospital we went to A&E and they said cheekbone was shattered. I was kept in and operated on it first thing next day. I still have a slight numbness in that side of my face.
On another note in February 2019 I attended city v whu match at the Etihad 2 hours after been discharged from MRI after a kidney transplant 5 days earlier.

Got thumped on the old unsegregated long terrace at White Hart Lane for objecting to the locals singing "dirty northern bastards" and again outside Loftus Road, both in the 1970s. At Maine Road I was stood packed in among a load of Everton fans who'd been in the boozer for hours and suddenly felt a warm & wet sensation on the legs of my pants, only just avoided one of them putting it in my coat pocket. And after the game at Brighton when City won the league i was late getting back to Gatwick on the Monday for my flight home. Raced through the airport heading for the gate and collided with a trolley, went arse over elbow and didn't notice the damage till i was on the plane.
Worst was about age 14 when I got properly done over at Featherstone Rovers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.