'Your new Box Office website will be launching 7th June...

Bluemoon115 said:
Maybe they should have made sure the new glorified amazing wonderful top of the range ticket office would launch on time and bloody work as opposed to making stupid fucking videos about Micah Richards' fridge.

Tbf I doubt that the IT people have been working on the video about Micah's fridge. It is however possible that the video people have written the software for the new system. ;-)

stella6yew said:
£60 more expensive than the price announced 2 weeks ago!
Yeah, ours are more expensive as well. Must be a glitch, the system's gone down again.

TGR said:
8.00pm - just tried to renew mine and the thing simply crashed and died at the check out. Amateurs! We really are amateurs. It's no use saying they have been overwhelmed by the demand - they knew EXACTLY what the demand was going to be - months ago! You resource accordingly - don't you?
That's 3 times today I have tried to part with £700 and 3 times I have been knocked back.
Just who is running this club?
Settle petal, you only have another 19 days!

mancitygaz said:
TGR said:
8.00pm - just tried to renew mine and the thing simply crashed and died at the check out. Amateurs! We really are amateurs. It's no use saying they have been overwhelmed by the demand - they knew EXACTLY what the demand was going to be - months ago! You resource accordingly - don't you?
That's 3 times today I have tried to part with £700 and 3 times I have been knocked back.
No he's right, it's extremely unprofessional. Volume testing is an integral part of any IT system that's going to be very busy and the way it keeps crashing once a few people log on suggests it hasn't been thoroughly tested. And speaking as an IT professional the other thing that rankles with me is that bloody error screen, customers shouldn't be seeing that, they should see something like "Sorry we cannot process your request at the moment, please try again later" instead of a trace of the software locations.

TGR said:

Look at sites like ticketmaster though. Always know they will be rammed but always "underestimate" the demand.

lancs blue said:
mancitygaz said:
TGR said:
No he's right, it's extremely unprofessional. Volume testing is an integral part of any IT system that's going to be very busy and the way it keeps crashing once a few people log on suggests it hasn't been thoroughly tested. And speaking as an IT professional the other thing that rankles with me is that bloody error screen, customers shouldn't be seeing that, they should see something like "Sorry we cannot process your request at the moment, please try again later" instead of a trace of the software locations.
OK, fair point, I understand it will annoy you more than me.

The same way simple things in my profession will annoy me when others wouldn't care.

My attitude to the website this evening (only tried once) is sod it, I'll try again tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.