Your standout City memory...

superwatsonwatson said:
Apart from some of the more obvious I think Paul Powers goal in the '81 semi final was a great moment in a match we were perhaps not expected to win.

his equalizer against everton in the quarters was up there as well

Some fantastic memories in this thread. Some that I'd even forgotten.

I've lived the dream/nightmare since 1970 originally with my dad (RIP) as a snotty nosed kid and latterly with my son.

My standout memory is the trip my son and I took to Schalke. I'd always wanted to be able to take him into Europe with City. Like most of his age he'd really only ever known us being poor and used to get loads of shit for Oldham fans at school nevermind the rags. We did the trip via the plane from Scotland so drove up from Manchester. Always been really close but enjoyed the quality time with him so much as he was just about to become a man and fly the nest to the RAF.

Sounds really sickly but that's how it goes.

I'm older than you lot.

Home to Tottenham on ice December 1967. Won 4-1. Today would not have been played. But played great football on 2 inches of snow.

Being first on the pitch with my mate at Newcastle in May 1968 to win the !st division title.

Neil youngs winner FA Cup final 1969 then getting drunk on Kings Road Chelsea.

Winning the Wembley playoff final v Gillingham 1999.

Winning at Blackburn to get promotion and dancing on the pitch.

Some great memories but now a lot more to come.

Worst is easy.

Being sat on a Toilet crying in a Country Pub in County Down when 2 -0 down against Gillingham. Our kid coming in and shouting Horlock had scored and there was 5 minutes injury time was rubbing salt in the wounds.

The best - and this bit is really important SO FAR :

Full Time Whistle being blown on May 14 2011 and Manchester City Football Club were once again the Winners of the FA Cup.

I had reached a stage in Life before the takeover when I thought I would never see another Trophy.

Like I said; the best so far.

ade_105_r said:
paphos-mcfc said:
5-1

the sit down protests outside Maine road

the kippax last stand

signing of kinky boots

signing of robinho

the fights in the kippax car park in the lower divisions Stoke, et al..

oh and Gillingham 99

Chippy on yew tree lane

What a great chippy! Best chips and gravy i've ever had, especially if you got served by the young lad, who used to go mental with the gravy.

2gv7y9c.jpg

IOWBlue said:
But Lakey swallowing his tongue will be the main one.

Oh, God yes. Seeing the club doctor whose name escapes me vaulting the seats in the main stand to get down on to the pitch - and the total silence of the ground.

Worst: Watching us being comprehensively out-played by bolton, being beaten 2-0, anelka with both goals, barton sent off, and watching a dickov run around helplessly upfront was just so depressing as he looked past it :(

Best: either the derby 2007 geovanni, or, weirdly, watching us murder charlton 5-2 at the valley. we took them apart that day, cole, vassell, barton, sinclair-it was just like watching Brazil!

citykev28 said:
Norman Luft?

Yes, that's it. Just found that game on Youtube:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEqYx2EInOo[/youtube]

I'd forgotten Neil McNab nearly clearing the North Stand with a penalty in that one too.

all the obvious ones, wembley 81, full members cup final, all the promotions,and the relegation against luton... last years f.a cup,.....
but what does standout is when i was crying my eyes out aged 10 at wembley tube station in 1981,and having the piss taken out of me by all the spurs fans, then getting home to find my sister had burnt down the fuckin kitchen!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.