Your top 5 current City players

Berkovic_blue

Hardly a new idea for a thread but it's international week and I'm bored :p

So who are your top 5? Not necessarily in terms of ability just your favourites.

Mine:

1) Micah Richards - 10 years at the club now and he more than anyone knows what it's all about. Has continually improved his game and is now one of the best defenders in the league. Seems to be a great personality off the pitch and that laugh is infectious!

2) David Silva - I remember being cautiously optimistic when he signed as I wondered if he'd cope with the physicality of the league. Had made my mind up within about 5 games that he is pure class. Probably the most skilful player I've ever seen at the club and is the type that people pay their money to watch. One thing that sometimes gets overlooked with him is his defensive work, never seems afraid to get stuck in and track back when needed and of course he pops up all over the pitch to cause havoc.

3) Gareth Barry - So underrated yet so important to the rhythm of the team, has a good habit of producing his very best against top opposition. Great reader of the game and just quietly gets on with his job without fuss. Love to watch him pick off stray passes then quickly feed the ball in to Silva et al - his trademark move. All around just a very tidy and effective presence.

4) Pablo Zabaleta - Gets better every year and gives absolutely everything on the pitch, thankfully has managed to avoid getting into scrapes recently. It's been fascinating to watch him develop the attacking side of his game as the rest of the team has also got better in the last few years. Will hopefully see out his career at City as he's the template of an honest pro and seems to love the club as much as the rest of us.

5) Vincent Kompany - Exactly what you want from a captain. Intelligent, confident without being arrogant and a top class defender. Have to say I didn't rate him that highly when he first joined the club but since he moved permanently into defence he's improved so much and I can't think of another player I'd swap him for now. Absolutely loved his celebration against the rags last season.

Tbh there aren't really any players I dislike at the club (well, I'm lukewarm on Tevez) but wanted to narrow it down to a top 5. So, what's yours?

1. Micah - the symbol of our academy and proof players can make it here.
2. Kompany - inspirational captain and not a big money buy so has become a big reputation, big ability player here.
3. Hart - England's #1 and very likeable player.
4. Zabaleta - lionheart and no ego, every team needs a player like this.
5. Barry - another hard working, selfless, and likeable player. I don't begin to believe he's world class but at Premier League level he is one of the most intelligent and useful midfielders you can have.

Honourable mentions: Aguero, Silva, Yaya... all on a top 5 in terms of ability but since this is about personal favs...

Was gonna say how useless these threads are, but I suppose it will be interesting to see how much less Kompany is mentioned compared to identical threads from last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.