Aguero
Yaya
Kompany
Zabaleta
Hart

Honourable mentions- Silva, Meeks, Gaz Baz

1. Silva - Merlin is a true magician

2. Zab - great heart and true professional

3. Joe - again plays with his heart on his sleeve. Enormous passion combined with great skill

4. Kun - all round champion always has a smile on his face

5. Micah - delivers so much to the team. He loves City and it shows on the pitch.

peoffrey said:
panzer1311 said:
A full page and nobody picks the man who scores the goal to end 35 yrs of pain , then nets a brace in a 'must win' game on Tyneside ? ......... allow me

Yaya
Yaya
Yaya
Yaya
Yaya

Current. That Newcastle match was in May. It's now October.

This made absolute sense, until one notices you have Kompany at number 2 on your list. Certainly if you don't think Yaya is up to par in October, what can one say of Kompany? He has been the poorest star from last season. On a side note, I also noticed you had Micah on your list. I guess your preference for him was based on the grand total of One game.

In short, the point here is that these lists are personal, and folks should stop trying to justify their exclusions or inclusions. It is simply who you like. Which is fair and fine.

For Me this season
Hart is # one (Simply on the strength of his performances against Dortmund and Madrid and his consistency overall)

Zabaletta: Simply has been fantastic, both defensively and offensively. He simply moves up and down the right flank better than any RB in the league. Folks don't do his talent and intelligence justice by referring to him simply as the "heart and soul" while ignoring the intelligence, movement and ballskill he posseses and displays on a consistent basis.

Yaya Toure: In spite of the poor perfomance against Dortmund, and the average one last week, he has prior to that been one of the best performers in evert other game. And against the very best in Real Madrid. He was the ONLY, and I repeat that, the ONLY City player deserving of the often overused label "World Class." He came up against a team of World class players, and single handedly manhandled them for long patches. Everyone else (Silva, Komp, Clichy, Nasri, Tevez e.t.c. all shrunk from the challenge. Not Yaya. He stood taller than all the others and for that, and all the other big games in which he shown like a Pheonix, he would permanently be on my greatest City players ever list.

Micah Richards: For being the player with the most athletism and grit I have ever seen. Simply put, I feel joy when I see Richards play. And I am one of those who don't thinj his footskills are up to par. Yet I'd take him over almost anyone in any defensive position. For what he may lack in finesse, he makes up for with shear athleticism and force.

Edin Dzeko: I don't know why I like him, but I do. I love his intelligence. I love his strenght. I love his ability to overpower defenders. I like his movement. His control often disappoints me, yet I stay in support of the big man. Coz he is a rough diamond.

My list of five represents the dominance of City.

I love the skill and intellingence of Nasri, SIlva, Aguero, Nastasic and Barry. ANd I will rather see all four playing than some of the players I mentioned. But when it comes to breaking an opposition's will, the above 5 on my list eat the cake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.