Your unsung hero of the season...

i guess "unsung" is subjective, but i would have to say Lescott, Barry and Clichy. i think, in any sport, defenders are the easiest to overlook and take for granted...but those guys have been rocks as of late. barry, specifically, i was not a very big fan of coming into the season. when he gave up the ball that led to the napoli goal in the CL, i was VERY low on him. i never would have thought that he'd make my top 11 by the end of the season. his defensive composure and distribution has been absolutely vital to our recent success. he's far from flashy, but he gets it done...same with clichy and joleon. they deserve all the same praises that the attackers get.

cleav said:
i guess "unsung" is subjective, but i would have to say Lescott, Barry and Clichy. i think, in any sport, defenders are the easiest to overlook and take for granted...but those guys have been rocks as of late. barry, specifically, i was not a very big fan of coming into the season. when he gave up the ball that led to the napoli goal in the CL, i was VERY low on him. i never would have thought that he'd make my top 11 by the end of the season. his defensive composure and distribution has been absolutely vital to our recent success. he's far from flashy, but he gets it done...same with clichy and joleon. they deserve all the same praises that the attackers get.

This. barry has won me over recently. but i'd have to say clichy he is just immense.

While I would agree Lescott has been a rock this season, I don't feel his distribution has improved and he has had me tearing my hair out at times.

Barry has been consistently excellent for us this season, a vital part of the team, one of the first names on the team sheet. His vision, passing and breaking up of play is world class. And all he gets in recognition for this is clueless muppets like Adrian Durham banging on about his lack of pace and saying that Carrick should take his place in the England team.

cleav said:
Can't argue with that.

Hard to pick just one tbh, every player in their own way has been an unsung hero in their own way..
Glichy one game pabs the next then maybe Lescott...

Id prefer to say that all the so called 'lesser' players have played their part.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Gareth Barry

Ha, Barry gets his praises sung more than any other player on this forum!

Lescott for me, Clichy as well considering all the Arse fans were laughing at us for signing him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.