Your very favourite City game of all time, and why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date
Newcastle away in 1968. The first time I saw them win the league. You never forget your first time. ;-)

newcastle-utd-v-manchester-city-11th-may-1968-league-division-one-epfbkh.jpg

That was the open end, where Franny is celebrating the fourth goal, now the Gallowgate end. I was in the Leazes end, which is now where the away fans are placed. There were thousands of us in there too. Then, it was their version of, say, the Kippax. Oh, and also on the pitch after the final whistle!
I have to agree on this. The match was exhilarating although City were never behind. O-1, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, 3-4.

We didn’t know that even had City lost they would still have been Champions. Newcastle were a decent side that year and qualified for the Fairs Cup and won it the next season.

The QPR and the Villa match were too nerve shredding to be fully enjoyed.

The FA Cup semi final win in 1981.
I was still at school and it was my first experience of being at a big game like that and it was a brilliant day and i can still remember it. The joy at seeing Power's goal going in and then winning that game was unforgettable.

This was a toss up for me though, because being at 'The Maine Road Massacre' was just as good. What a wonderful but crazy day that was!

Spurs away 5-1 when Edin scored 4.
That first feeling of wow, we've arrived and the feeling of pure excitement as we scored goal after goal.
It was this match where I thought ok things are going to be a bit different from now on.

As a part-timer, I don't have hundreds of games to choose from, unlike most of you I presume. But I've still managed to be at some crackers. Two games that spring to mind were both Blackburn away.

First one was the midweek game the season Rovers won the Premier League and we beat them 3-2. Amazing atmosphere, and the road back seemed to just be celebrating City fans.

And the more obvious end-of-season win at Ewood Park to clinch promotion when I was sat in the Blackburn home stand with about 5 other City fans!

I'm lucky enough to have been at Gillingham, last derby, the 2011 final, the 1-0, QPR, every cup final since, every pitch invasion on title day, but the only time I've had a full out-of-body experience was pissed outside Eastlands when we won the league at Brighton on the big screens in the sunshine. When Mahrez scored the 3rd I floated outside my body for a couple of seconds and saw myself and everyone around us going mental. It was weird as fuck and I'll never forget it
Wow that's deep !!!!

Has to be the 5-1 for me. I was walking on air for a full week after that. I was at Gillingham, QPR & The Aston Villa games but that one tops the lot. It was absolutely carnage!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.