Your very favourite City game of all time, and why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date

My choice also! (I think!) :-)

Way way too many fav games if that's possible!! Bar the obvious ones already said, maybe it's because of my youth of the time, but I loved games like the maine road massacre, beatingp Wednesday 6-2 (benarbia and co), beating Oxford and ipswitch (kinky, berkovic volley) in the cup in the early 00's, almost all our championship games under keegan :-)

As a part-timer, I don't have hundreds of games to choose from, unlike most of you I presume. But I've still managed to be at some crackers. Two games that spring to mind were both Blackburn away.

First one was the midweek game the season Rovers won the Premier League and we beat them 3-2. Amazing atmosphere, and the road back seemed to just be celebrating City fans.

And the more obvious end-of-season win at Ewood Park to clinch promotion when I was sat in the Blackburn home stand with about 5 other City fans!

I was at both and as you say both fantastic atmospheres,that 3-2 it pissed down all night and the promotion game was blazing sunshine as I danced on the centre circle at ft

The 10-1 v Huddersfield November 1987

36 years on and no team in the top 4 Leagues have scored 10 since and 3 hatricks in one game will probably never be equalled.
That game will always stay in my memory.. I was stationed in Central America during a 9 month tour at Airport Camp, Belize..

There were a few blues out there at the same time and I was running around the Nissen Huts relaying the score as the game unfolded on the World Service radio channel.. it was early in the morning and I’m sure it was another hazy morning after a night on the ale in our bar “BOBS”

#Goodtimes

That game will always stay in my memory.. I was stationed in Central America during a 9 month tour at Airport Camp, Belize..

There were a few blues out there at the same time and I was running around the Nissen Huts relaying the score as the game unfolded on the World Service radio channel.. it was early in the morning and I’m sure it was another hazy morning after a night on the ale in our bar “BOBS”

#Goodtimes
Wonder if our paths crossed, I was in Belize Dec 86 to Jun 87. Was back in Blighty and at the Huddersfield 10-1, also went to the reverse at their place, we lost 1-0.

There`s so many !! Obviously there`s the 2011 semi final vrs the rags . Also the 5-1 and 1-6 and 4-0 against them too . Then there is the 81 semi final , 93-20 , Bradford . Gillingham , Leeds 78 , Trevor Francis at Stoke , Blackburn , Charlton etc . But my stand out match is the 1976 League Cup semi final vrs Middlesbrough . A quite fantastic night under the floodlights and a brilliant atmosphere to boot . And a attendance given out by the club of just over 44,000 . The Kippax that night was the most packed that i have ever seen it . Before or after . Great night .

Last edited:
For some reason the game that always sticks in my mind is the league cup semi final against Middlesbrough at Maine Road in 76,
I was 13 & sat with my Dad & my Brother in the North stand, watching & hearing the kippax in full voice under the lights was just magical & an amazing sight, my dad had promised we could go to Wembley if we got to the Final & I also knew that night I would one day get to stand on the Kippax myself in amongst all that noise & mayhem (I think I was 15 before dad let me get a season ticket in the Kippax & he stayed in the North Stand)

The 5-1 for me.

For run of the mill games probably a couple of away wins at Oxford.

The first was in April 1989 and we won 4-2 after being 2 down.

The second was in February 1997 and we won 4-1 with Kinky scoring two great goals

In both of these games Oxford scored own goals.

5-1 against the rags
The 3-2 title win is obvious.
David Whites 4 against Villa was very special but for sheer euphoria the Gillingham game takes some beating. I didn't just end up a few rows away from my seat after Dickovs goal I think I was in a different stand. After years of heartache that's the one for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.