Your very favourite City game of all time, and why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 13905
  • Start date
Wimbledon away in 1984. Was living in London, if I hadn't gone to the match I wouldn't have gone in a pub in Putney afterwards, wouldn't have sat next to an American lass or heard her troubles, and wouldn't be writing this now.

Gillingham, for the huge significance of the result and the really passionate 'fuck you' support we got is up there. The 2014 West Ham last day of the season game also for me. It may have not have been the most dramatic title clincher but it's the only time I've actually been there when we've won the league( something I never thought I would ever say.)
The 1976 League Cup final is still my favourite after all these years though.
At that point I hadn't been to that many City matches but was fortunate to get a ticket through my dad's friend who had a colleague who had connections to another club (can't actually remember which one it was tbh).
Tickets we had were in line with the penalty area at the end where Tueart scored .It was mostly 'Toon Army' round us from memory , as City had the other end, the tunnel end. Fantastic view though as he scored that iconic goal, remember it like it was yesterday!
Even though I saw some absolute shite trekking up and down the country In the years that followed I felt very lucky to have actually seen City win an actual trophy.
Like many other blues of a certain age I honestly thought it was the only thing I'd ever see us win! (And as I said above definitely never thought I'd actually be there to see us win the league!)

Charlton
Rags SF
The 5-1

All three were absolute bedlam, we have the best fans in the world when it matters.

A personal left field favourite was the 2-1 away win at Villa early 90s when we hadn’t won away for what seemed like years and Reidy arrived in the box from nowhere in the last minute to fire home the winner - the whole stand went berserk

I'm lucky enough to have been at Gillingham, last derby, the 2011 final, the 1-0, QPR, every cup final since, every pitch invasion on title day, but the only time I've had a full out-of-body experience was pissed outside Eastlands when we won the league at Brighton on the big screens in the sunshine. After the 3rd line I floated outside my body for a couple of seconds and saw myself and everyone around us going mental. It was weird as fuck and I'll never forget it

Updated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.