Your worst City game and why?

getting beat 3 0 by bolton on my birthday a few years ago was a tough one to take

0-1 Luton
I had gone away to Uni in Aberystwyth and had only caught a handful of games all season..managed to blag a lift of a mate who was visiting his family in Manchester..left Wales at 6am...into Manchester in time for a few scoops and off to the game...miserable affair and the longest sunday hungover pissed off hitch back to Wales I ever want to have to endure .....ever.

League cup semi against the scousers 1981, both legs really, robbed in the first (0-1) and just damn unlucky in the second (1-1) with Dave Bennett hitting the bar.

This two below always stick in my mind though, you know when you know luck just isn`t on your side ? well this was never more evident than in these two games, 1997/98, Adebola last minute [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAGv4yAb-ys&feature=related[/youtube]

Jamie Pollock own goal.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAc8JooS3MY[/youtube]

Final replay against spuds always gives me the shivers and to think I wagged it off school to see that bearded Argie fuckface just waltz through our defence. Terrible just Terrible and a close runner up with the Luton relegation game, walking back to Manchester with a sick empty feeling.

The worst City game i ever went to was when i was about 15, 20yrs ago and City were playing Luton away on their famous astro turf pitch, it was a midweek game, league cup me thinks and my dad picked me up early from School. We were late getting there but as we entered the ground i think David White put us one up! We lost 6 or 7-1, didnt get home till about 1.30am. Come on the blues!!

bluegarty said:
Liverpool at home about 20 years ago..... We lost 4-0!!

Got back to my car and the stereo had been nicked including the rear parcel shelf the fookers!!!

Got home and was feeling ropey and spent the next 3 days in bed with Flu!!

I made it to the M62 after that match before realising that one of my tyres had been slashed. Remember changing it on the hard shoulder in pouring rain. I really should have given that lad his 50p.

Losing 4-0 to Sunderland in the first home match of the 80/81 (?) season was fairly depressing. Big Mal had really built up his new signings, 30 mins into the match and it was obvious that all was not well. At the first home match of every season I remember that match, which is why I'm not really looking forward to tonight!

m7mcfc said:
Mine Charlton at home about 10 years ago, it was about -10 and we got stuffed 4-0. I remember thinking to myself wtf am I doing here must be mad.
Mine was also v Charlton, but away at Selhurst Park. Late 80's, I think, but I remember losing 5-1. Sh*te day all round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.