Your worst ever City game witnessed?

Re: Your worst ever City game witnessed? (merged)

McFcMiKe7 said:
Anybody mentioned the 8-1 against middlesbrough ?
Being lazy I haven't trawler through all the pages but another Boro game sticks out for all the wrong reasons.
I think it was late 70 s, early 80 s and it was absolutely freezing. City took a lead, Boro equalised all in the first half and then they shut up shop. It was dire, awful, shite that we had to endure for what seemed like ages. I remember one guy swinging from the metal arches that came down the Kippax in a vain attempt to keep warm when he actually only succeeded in welding his skin to the metal and kicking a few fellow blues over.
With only a few minutes left City finally made the breakthrough(Channon I think) and all was well with the world again

Until the feckers realised that they could indeed leave the sanctuary of their own half and promptly fucking equalised.
Apologies if my memory has let me down somewhat as I don't actually ever being that cold before or since

In the days of self destruct.

Remember going to Birmingham and murtaz shelia scored in last minute or two to take lead and we still had time to let 2 goals in.

From the quality of players under performing, the spurs game just before Hughes left, we were shocking as were the tactics.

about 5 or 6 years ago when we lost 3-0 at home to Leicester under pearce we we're absolutely diabolical and it was a freezing cold night on the whole not good!

Blue Lloyd said:
Certain moments in that relegation season to the third Level stand out for me. The first was a Friday night Humiliation at Maine Road by then rock bottom Huddersfield, it was only 0-1 IIRC but they played us off the park, sure this was the night Barry Conlon got chanted at by the Kippax.

The next was the home loss to Bury prompting the infamous ripping up of the season ticket on the pitch and then the phone in after with David Makin.

Then the QPR game. Pollock own goal and the following thunderstorm at the end of the game. I was also at Stoke for that fateful final afternoon. But by then we knew it was over long before the final whistle.

But even up until the final few weeks I never seriously thought City would get relegated, I kept telling myself all would eventually be okay. But as the weeks went on we plunged to further depths.

However it was a late Dele Adebola winner for Birmingham City at Maine Road very late on in the season (think it was about four games left to go) that really pressed home to me just how desperate it had all become. When my Dad uttered the words I'd been dreading hearing - 'were gonna get bloody relegated you know'. He'd kept his council all season up till that point. Dark, dark days following City.
wasn,t that game against huddersfield on the tenth anneversary of the 10.1 victory as well,we got free tickets for the umbro stand that night.after about 30 minutes my mates lodger who was a middlesbrough fan turned to me and said do you realise ive missed the bill on tv to come and watch this crap.

After New Years Day 2007, every home game until the end of the season.

I can't single out one of them because we were so poor.

I still can't understand how Pearce didn't get sacked sooner.

Your worst ever City game witnessed? (merged)

The worst of the new era must be the derby at the Swamp, when the fucking benchwarmer popped up in 95th minute. Twat.

At home to Everton last season lost 2-1, I was so ill & the weather was so so so so so so cold.

ethan23 said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
At Maine Road, cant recall the year (though mid / late 90's???)
Lost 4-0 against Wimbledon....... maybe it was later and Keegan was manager.
Whenever it was - it was dire!

well wimbledon wernt even a team when keegan was in charge so that rules that one out

Yes it was Wimbledon that beat us 4-0. Keegan was manager and it was the only game we lost at home that season. I was sat in the Maine Stand for that game. David Connolly scored 2 for the Dons. If i remember correctly, Toure the young French lad we had, made his debut in the 2nd half.

The 2-1 at Chesterfield, driving my Son home and telling him supporting City was character building. Happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.