Your worst ever City game witnessed?

ethan23 said:
YORK CITY AWAY

I WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!

WERE YOU THERE?!?!?!?

I was there. I'd say the 5 nil at the swamp meself, although some of them lower division results were bad but some of the days out were cracking...

Re: Your worst ever City game witnessed? (merged)

Last day of the season a few years ago now (I'm sure it was under Pearce's stewardship) and it was Boro at home. Just absolutely God awful game of football - utter, utter shite!

malg said:
Last day of the season a few years ago now (I'm sure it was under Pearce's stewardship) and it was Boro at home. Just absolutely God awful game of football - utter, utter shite!

That would be when Fowler missed the last minute penalty which would otherwise have put us in the UEFA Cup. Now that was a sickener.

The worst I seen was a game vs Charlton at Maine Road, it was freezing and had snowed all night.

We ended up getting snotted 4-1 and we left early (which I have never done since) and missed Huckerby's goal on his debut, I think it was a penalty.

Terrible game and a bad day all round.

Also Liverpool at home a couple of years ago was bad 0-0 and I think the ball stayed in the centre cirle for 86 minutes because no one wanted to attack.

Has to be Oxford at home not sure the year but Dibble was dreadful
I think we lost 3-2 having been 2 nil up

Many bad memories but one that sticks out is Southampton away in the league cup in 82. Got the special train down. Got stuffed 4-0 and I have never seen rain like it. No roof at the Dell and the front of our stand which is below pitch level was about 3 feet deep in water. It seems like all the drains in Hampshire were flowing through our end. Got back to Manchester about 4 in the morning still wet. In fact every trip to the Dell was shit!!
The times they are a changing.

I've had many, many bad days out with City but the one when I felt most despondent at the end was away at Oldham in the FA Cup a few years ago. It was freezing cold, windy as fook and the game was in doubt up until about 1pm on the day. City were atrocious and lost 1-0. I have never felt so pissed off after a game as that day, frozen, crap transport and I think the only thing that saved the day was going on a bender after it to drown my sorrows !

The pathetic defeat to Forset a few years back. 3-0 with the 3rd coming from a horredous defensive error from , i think Hammam.

Last game my daughter attended

Impeccable said:
Vaguely remember watching us get stuffed at Crystal Palace in a League Cup QF. Watched it with 100''s of other Blues in the City Social Club. I'm sure Palace got 4 that evening. Can't actually remember the final score or what year it was. Does anyone remember?

Just saw Get Pollock On mentioning this match earlier in the thread. Must admit thinking it was our year myself. Then we put in that dreadful show. Horrible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.