Your worst ever City game witnessed?

Man City 0 Arsenal 4 - Rarely do I leave a game before the final whistle. However, being 4-0 down at half time, my dad decided it was time to pack up. Awful game.

Forest in the cup

Halifax in the cup

0-3 at home to Leicester - the realisation that it was going to be a long hard season

1-5 v West Ham - Corrigan's low point

Luton

shikariblue said:
Man City 0 Arsenal 4 - Rarely do I leave a game before the final whistle. However, being 4-0 down at half time, my dad decided it was time to pack up. Awful game.
At least we saw some good football that day.

Shocks happen like at Halifax in the FA Cup but mine has to be Mansfield, I grew up standing on the Kippax and had avoided sitting in there when it was rebuilt. But for this game I had no choice and at kick off I just looked round at the miserable empty stadium and wondered what the fuck had happened to us. Then the game just came and went in a fog. It was mind numbing stuff just to pile on the misery.

There has been so so many over the years..but in more recent times it has to be the FA Cup quarter final against Blackburn towards the end of Pearces reign

I've never been so deflated and angry..loads of kick offs outside the ground between City fans fighting amongst ourselves

Horrible day

For me has to be the City vs QPR game at Maine Road with THAT Pollock own goal. Up to that point I'd convinced myself we would stay up, and knew it was then out of our hands, absolutely pissed it down too walking back to the car!!

Middlesborough at home under Pearce, around March time sticks out as well. My eldest son's first game, left a Christening early to get there, in a suit because I forgot my coat. Feckinn freezing and think we lost 1-0.

That season under Pearce was the closest I've come to losing interest in City, and I seriously questioned whether my lads would stick with City over the coming years...... seems like a lifetime ago :-D

shikariblue said:

I remember watching that match myself in the early hours over here in Australia, and like yourself come half - time I had enough, except I just switched the tv off and went back to bed........

danebanksheik said:
shikariblue said:
At least we saw some good football that day.

Shocks happen like at Halifax in the FA Cup but mine has to be Mansfield, I grew up standing on the Kippax and had avoided sitting in there when it was rebuilt. But for this game I had no choice and at kick off I just looked round at the miserable empty stadium and wondered what the fuck had happened to us. Then the game just came and went in a fog. It was mind numbing stuff just to pile on the misery.

I'm too young to remember a lot of games. I'd say the first games I properly remember were the ones when relegation from division 1 happened. There were a few more such as getting beat to Reading. Then there was the 1-0 defeat to Huddersfield which was just irritating to watch. My first away game was Barnsley. Got in 10 minutes late to find us 2-0 down. Got one back but not enough.

Probably when we beat wolves at home the other day, we only scored 3!
Joking, off the top of my head considering I'm only 15 the 3-0 loss away at spurs, I was lucky enough not to witness halifax, bury or york!

Any defeat in the third tier was pretty depressing, not least Wycombe Wanderers doing the double over us (both 1-nils I think?).
I'm over it now though, happy days!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.