Your worst ever City game witnessed?

even though I went to all the games in the third division
mine was a home game with Bolton

I think we hit the woodwork about six times and we got beat by a late penalty.

If I remember correctly that was the game when the club decided to lift the crowd by playing crowd cheering over the loud speakers to my eternal embaressment!!

we had turned into a real joke of a club at that point

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
At Maine Road, cant recall the year (though mid / late 90's???)
Lost 4-0 against Wimbledon....... maybe it was later and Keegan was manager.
Whenever it was - it was dire!

I remember it well.... It was Keegan in charge. Ali B had just joined us a few weeks before and we had just smashed 6 past Sheff Wed away from home the previous Saturday and things were looking up.....then this!!!

When Stockport beat us a Maine Rd
that was one I felt deep shame for what we'd become
and much of the Pearce season generally made it hard to drag myself to the ground. It finished a few of did that season
Never missed though, and came up smiling

Prob. Lincoln City Away.. League Cup.. 4-0.. 1st leg.. Lincoln fans bangin' a big bass drum 'you're not famous anymore' etc.. we gathered down in the corner ready to go on in a desperate bid to get the match abandoned. I'll never know why we didn't, think common sense kicked in, no point gettin' nicked and fined, though a ban would have been a blessing to most of us. The 2nd leg at Maine Rd was made bearable by perhaps the best tannoy announcement ever to the 8000 turn out.. I think they scored again 5-0 agg, and the announcer kicked in with 'depending on the result of tonights game, the game against.. ' the rest was lost in the laughter.. we spent the rest of the night watchin' a western under the Kippax, think they opened the bar in sympathy. (memory isn't what it was so feel free to correct the attendance, and the score, dont think I'm far off though)

mentioned it a few times on here on similar threads losing 5-0 to utd in the early nineties was bad, sure it was a thursday night.

another was losing to stockport at home, a bad night, little local upstarts lording it was painful(worked with loads at work at the time)

The 8-1 v middlesborough, the Halifax game, York...all dark days but the one that sticks out for me is losing to Southampton, away, on a wet and cold tuesday/wednesday night in the 80's for a league cup game. Miserable day/night. Soaked. Cold. Lost 4-1. Long way home.

GazC said:
When I saw the thread title I thought of that game. At the time I didn't think we could go any lower.

edit: the home game against Bury that is.

Ditto. Didn't some bloke run on the pitch during the 2nd half and rip up his season ticket?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.