Your worst ever City game witnessed?

JGL07 said:
For me the worst had to be the 4-0 home defeat by Grimsby in the old Second Division on February 22 1964.

This was an inept performance from what looked a decent starting line-up. It may have been the last ever appearance by City legend Bill Leivers.

I was at this game I remember it because Grimsby scored one of their goals direct from a corner, I was 13 years old and that day I realised that following City was going to be a lot of hard work

Other than that the whole premiership season when we only scored 10 league goals at home

stockport 97 i think ! grim weaver made a mess ov a clearance made up 4 it though ! never forget his pen save will we ? i play cricket wiv a lad who follows em and still winds me up bout 2 this day ! the futures bright though eh !

Sat on the wall at the front of the kippax watching us throw away a 2-0 half time lead and get beat 3-2 of united, horrible. Last game of the season 2-2 with Liverpool was my worst though cried for days

worst can mean many things. performance wise too many to list, hurt wise its easier.

groclin away
fenabache at home
bolton when we battered them and lost 1-0
middlesboro when fowler missed that pen
spurs in the cup when phelan scored a cracker.

Losing 1 - 0 away at Cardiff in the cup was possibly mine. We then heard on the radio on the way home Franny Lee was taking over the club which cheered us up!

0 - 2 away at Swindon was another bad one.

dw7 said:
2 0 defeat to reading at home under pearce

disgraceful
I was at that game! The day the fog came down heavily in the second half (IIRC) to match the atmosphere. And to round the day off, a 130 mile drive back home from Dublin in the densest (proper word?) fog I have ever seen. Normally a two and a half hour drive took nearly five hours!!

SXBLUE said:
Charlton Away 5-0 [/b]over xmas period cant remember the year but played at Selhurst Park i think? Looked like they had all been on the piss too much !! probably late 80's ?

I was at this game and I'd have only been about eleven or twelve so circa 1985,86.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:45 pm --<br /><br />
Mike N said:
SB Blue said:
For me has to be the City vs QPR game at Maine Road with THAT Pollock own goal. Up to that point I'd convinced myself we would stay up, and knew it was then out of our hands, absolutely pissed it down too walking back to the car!!

Middlesborough at home under Pearce, around March time sticks out as well. My eldest son's first game, left a Christening early to get there, in a suit because I forgot my coat. Feckinn freezing and think we lost 1-0.

That season under Pearce was the closest I've come to losing interest in City, and I seriously questioned whether my lads would stick with City over the coming years...... seems like a lifetime ago :-D

Remember the rain after the QPR game well! Had parked the car at my mums house in Hulme and as the game ended it started to rain. And rain and rain. Remember thinking God was crying!

Got to mention on 606 that night. Two QPR fans rang up as they were safe from relegation because of the draw at Maine Road. They both said that the atmosphere at Maine Road had been great and they wished we might stay up because we were top fans.

Always remember that and have had a soft spot for QPR ever since. Hope they stay up this year.

The really weird thing as you say about this game was it was blue skies and sunny until the final whistle, then within minutes the sky went black over Maine Road and then it pissed it down. I'll never, ever forget that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.