Your worst ever city moment?

Taking my seat v Blackpool for the first game of the season, realising that being in the 2nd division was a reality and not a dream. To compound everything then I had to endure a season of pure torture, as we struggled like fuck to beat such shit teams, in their cup finals, oh and to ice the cake, the play off final was a horrific experience until the last penalty !. We were really really shit that whole season and it was very depressing.

Nothing else comes close to how I felt that season (well apart from when we nearly went bankrupt under Swales).

Imagine if bluemoon was up and running in those days, it would be fucking carnage!.

Has to be Luton 83 for me. I was 8 and was one of my first ever games with my Dad. All i remember is Pleat doing his river dance across the pitch and crying all the way home. Didnt get much better for the next 25 years but would never swap it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Raddy Antic scoring in 1983 to send us down and Pleat dancing on the pitch when we should never have been in that position. 1998 wasn't anywhere near as bad as that.

Swales should have been chucked off the Kippax roof then instead of having to endure 10 more years of false hopes and disappointment.

Agree 100%. Absolute horrible day.

I will never forget the feeling in my stomach when Antic scored. A gut wrenching moment, the likes of which I have never experienced since. Nothing, and I mean nothing, could ever come close to this moment for me. Remember walking out of the Kippax after the final whistle.........everybody was numb with shock. This was the defining moment in our history, it was all down hill from here on in. Further relegations were never as bad as this day.

Thank fuck for the Sheikh, 'cause we were shit and going nowhere. Administration was on the horizon........

I don't think the younger fans realise just how much damage Swales did to our beloved Club, and it took until 2008 to turn it around.<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:40 pm --<br /><br />
Prestwich_Blue said:
Raddy Antic scoring in 1983 to send us down and Pleat dancing on the pitch when we should never have been in that position. 1998 wasn't anywhere near as bad as that.

Swales should have been chucked off the Kippax roof then instead of having to endure 10 more years of false hopes and disappointment.

Agree 100%. Absolute horrible day.

I will never forget the feeling in my stomach when Antic scored. A gut wrenching moment, the likes of which I have never experienced since. Nothing, and I mean nothing, could ever come close to this moment for me. Remember walking out of the Kippax after the final whistle.........everybody was numb with shock. This was the defining moment in our history, it was all down hill from here on in. Further relegations were never as bad as this day.

Thank fuck for the Sheikh, 'cause we were shit and going nowhere. Administration was on the horizon........

I don't think the younger fans realise just how much damage Swales did to our beloved Club, and it took until 2008 to turn it around.

The usual matches have been covered in detail, but another one that sticks out was losing to Fulham at home in April '08.

2-0 with twenty minutes to go and we lost 3-2 with Diomansy Kamara getting the winner.

I couldn't believe what I'd witnessed. I still couldn't believe we lost that game for ages afterwards. We'd totally bossed it and Uncle Woy's boys hadn't won away all season and were looking at relegation.

lets see 1981 fa cup, luton home when we went down, Halifax away fa cup, shrewsbury away fa cup, chesterfield in league cup, Donny away league cup fa cup v wigan final and the list goes on. god I wish I was 20ish now to enjoy the prems and cups we will win

Any time I saw City running out to play Stockport ? Macclesfield and realizing it was a league game

and having it rammed home by their fans just how fvcking far we fell<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:26 pm --<br /><br />Any time I saw City running out to play Stockport ? Macclesfield and realizing it was a league game

and having it rammed home by their fans just how fvcking far we fell

Not really bad, but bittersweet.

2003/2004 season
Derby game at ours.
I had a 10er on city to win 3-1, fowler to score first @ 150-1 (odds were silly at the time. Dunne to score first, city to win 2-1 was 500-1)

Then SWP played the straightest pass up the line to himself, and smashed the laziest looking shot ever into the roof of the net.
For a split second i didnt know wether to laugh or cry, then it hit me and i thought, fuck it, and just went mental.

Never backed a scorecast since.

willipp said:
Has to be Luton 83 for me. I was 8 and was one of my first ever games with my Dad. All i remember is Pleat doing his river dance across the pitch and crying all the way home. Didnt get much better for the next 25 years but would never swap it.

David "fcuking" Pleat. That was such a shock: I never expected to see City relegated. All the subsequent relegations were horrid but it was no longer a nasty surprise that City could get relegated.

Gillingham 2-0 down at Wembley, QPR -2-1 down and hearing we'd appointed Brian Horton who turned out to be OK and a good guy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.