Your worst ever city moment?

Usual suspects: Luton 83, Gillingham's second, QPR's second but I felt there was time, losing 5-0 at the swamp and walking out at 4-0 as the players clearly couldn't care less, only drawing with QPR thanks to that tosser Pollock. Stoke wasn't that bad (on the pitch) as we won 5-2 and always knew we were relying on Port Vale and Portsmouth losing; it was pretty tricky outside the ground though. And losing the cup final replay after we'd been 2-1 up.
Did I mention spending 90 minutes standing on a mud bank at The Shay as we capitulated in the cup?
And other cup defeats at Bury, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Barnet (but we won the second leg), Sheffyoo (the game with the balloons), there were many others of course, but those were ones I went to.

2-0 down to Gillingham was as desolate as I've ever felt during a match, but my worst moment was one that with hindsight is comical in it's timing. It was that Thomas Cook Trophy game against AC Milan when Danny Mills sat in the commentary box for Channel 5 and seemed to take great delight in telling the world how the club was financially crippled and a 'fire sale' was imminent. Now I'm generally a very mild tempered and reflective individual, but I lost it that day. The thought of having my expectations built up by City YET AGAIN, only to have them dashed completely YET AGAIN, was just too much to take, especially when a club employee was breaking the story with such apparent gusto. I really felt in that moment like packing it in and giving up on them, in fact I'm sure I declared 'I'm done', but thankfully it's just not an option is it...and as the saying goes what a difference a few days made!

Where do I start??

Worst? The 5-2 day out at Stoke.

Horrible feeling knowing we had done our job and I think Huddersfield lost at home to pompey that day sending us down.
Terrier twats!

Too bloody many to single any particular one out. Although David Pleat celebrating on the pitch at Maine Road and dropping down to the real 3rd division at St(j)oke do tend to spring to mind. Since we won the lottery, that non-performance at Wembley last May really got to me.

Sat on the bench in Platt Lane as a kid thinking what the fuck are you doing as Alex Williams rushed out,next memory is straight too Pleat bouncing round the pitch.Will never fuckin forget it !

Watching Nicky Weaver thinking he was Romario in the last minute against Stockport county and giving away a penalty on a freezing December night sat in the Gene Kelly stand .

Losing a penalty shootout to Mansfield in a league cup round at Maine road, after watch a shite game of football in the first place.

Plus the usual, Gillingham at Wembley .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.