Your worst personal moment this season

On the morning of the match I badly sprained my ankle. Couldn't be arsed with A&E in a strange town so I strapped it up myself and hobbled along to catch the bus to the stadium thinking 3 points would cheer me up.

Southampton away...thanks, City!

Those three games at the end of January/early February - QPR (A), Liverpool, (H) and Southampton (A). Going into those we were just 5 points adrift but we only picked up 2 points and came out 14 points adrift of the rags.

So if it was one moment, then the 2nd half at Southampton, where I thought we couldn't be as bad as we were in the 1st half but we managed it.

FA Cup Final, no doubt about it.

My Dad and I had to forgo our tickets to the 2011 Final to visit family in Scotland. I was gutted at the time but he reassured me there'd be other Cup finals soon. He was right, and we moved heaven and earth to try to get tickets. Ended up with Club Wembley ones at £125 each, after my brother pulled a few strings through his work contacts.

All that effort to get tickets, the money we spent, and the burning desire to atone for missing 2011 and seeing City lift a Cup at Wembley...only to witness such an depressing, abject performance. It's not so much that we lost; it's that we were deprived of a great moment, and opportunity celebrate something (Wembley was full of Blues that day). As someone mentioned in a post earlier, those moments are what being a football fan is all about.

What's more is that I'd normally really enjoy seeing Wigan win the FA Cup and witnessing a giant killing that will be replayed for years to come (my generation's Wimbledon v Liverpool), but even that's been taken away from me because it happened against us! I've not been able to re-watch that game and I probably never will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.