Your worst personal moment this season

I think there are three moments which sum up our season perfectly:

Losing the League to the rags and breaking Blackburn's record for worst Title defence ever.

Being the British team to get the lowest amount of points in the group stages of Europe.

Being the only team to ever lose an FA Cup final to a team relegated in the same season.

So we did break records this season, just not the right ones unfortunately. Hopefully next season we will right those wrongs.

As for worst moment, well I guess it has to be losing the FA Cup final as I knew in the back of my head it was coming, as soon as all this news was breaking about how Mancini was going to get sacked and then seeing our players just not seeming to put any effort in (bar a small minority) I was waiting for the moment Wigan would pull the trigger on us. Then when Barry gave that shocking ball and Zabs had to make the challenge thus getting sent off I knew it was over. Thing is like someone said, when Watson scored that header I just knew it was coming and they deserved it, any other team and I would have been jumping out of my seat for Wigan and congratulating them on the spot but when it was us it just made me sink and was a head in hands moment when I saw the time remaining. I know we've done it before with Aguero's last minute goal winning us the league but that day I just knew there was no way we'd be doing anything like that as we were shocking. Then it started sinking in that the rags at work would be on a non stop rave about it and just be generally gloating and laughing and yeah that moment was dire. Then the news about Mancini getting sacked, it was disrespectful how it was done and just left me feeling like our club had took the success he took us to and then binned him off without allowing our fans to thank him properly. No matter whether you wanted him sacked or not there's no denying he won us an FA Cup, our first trophy in 34 years and he won us our first Premier League Title and that man deserved a real goodbye and thank you. Not a slip out of the side door and see him getting on a plane with the news breaking of his sacking the same day the rags were having a love fest for baconface.

So yeah in general the season has been a write off, just a nightmare season which will hopefully get lost in the history books. But the last month or two have been the hardest in my opinion, with most of the team just looking like they could care less, the FA Cup final, the sacking of Mancini. Shocking season.

The 12th Man said:

Losing the League to the rags and breaking Blackburn's record for worst Title defence ever.

Being the British team to get the lowest amount of points in the group stages of Europe.

Being the only team to ever lose an FA Cup final to a team relegated in the same season.

So we did break records this season, just not the right ones unfortunately. Hopefully next season we will right those wrongs.

As for worst moment, well I guess it has to be losing the FA Cup final as I knew in the back of my head it was coming, as soon as all this news was breaking about how Mancini was going to get sacked and then seeing our players just not seeming to put any effort in (bar a small minority) I was waiting for the moment Wigan would pull the trigger on us. Then when Barry gave that shocking ball and Zabs had to make the challenge thus getting sent off I knew it was over. Thing is like someone said, when Watson scored that header I just knew it was coming and they deserved it, any other team and I would have been jumping out of my seat for Wigan and congratulating them on the spot but when it was us it just made me sink and was a head in hands moment when I saw the time remaining. I know we've done it before with Aguero's last minute goal winning us the league but that day I just knew there was no way we'd be doing anything like that as we were shocking. Then it started sinking in that the rags at work would be on a non stop rave about it and just be generally gloating and laughing and yeah that moment was dire. Then the news about Mancini getting sacked, it was disrespectful how it was done and just left me feeling like our club had took the success he took us to and then binned him off without allowing our fans to thank him properly. No matter whether you wanted him sacked or not there's no denying he won us an FA Cup, our first trophy in 34 years and he won us our first Premier League Title and that man deserved a real goodbye and thank you. Not a slip out of the side door and see him getting on a plane with the news breaking of his sacking the same day the rags were having a love fest for baconface.

So yeah in general the season has been a write off, just a nightmare season which will hopefully get lost in the history books. But the last month or two have been the hardest in my opinion, with most of the team just looking like they could care less, the FA Cup final, the sacking of Mancini. Shocking season.
Blackburn finished 7th the year after they won the Prem. I didn't bother reading on after that.

Caveman said:
The 12th Man said:

Blackburn finished 7th the year after they won the Prem. I didn't bother reading on after that.
And if there really is such a thing as the worst title defence ever, we already held it anyway (1937-38). Makes this year look like a walk in the park in comparison.

Probably van persil's late goal at the etihad. I remember us playing very well and dominating the game. Devastating...

Runners up must be Barry's own goal at Saint Mary's. It pretty much summed up our season.

The cup final performance had it coming. When Wigan's goal went in I didnt feel much, I just felt that the players should hang their heads in shame, what a dreadful performance. Was that really how little our supporters mean to them? Then they can fuck off.

Pellegrini is going to have his hands full, that's for sure. Hopefully there are at least 11 who can at least try to pretend that they care next season

Being woke up at 5 in the morning last week in the hotel by the Wigan fans singing "Champions"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.