Your worst personal moment this season

Caveman said:
The 12th Man said:
I think there are three moments which sum up our season perfectly:

Losing the League to the rags and breaking Blackburn's record for worst Title defence ever.

Being the British team to get the lowest amount of points in the group stages of Europe.

Being the only team to ever lose an FA Cup final to a team relegated in the same season.

So we did break records this season, just not the right ones unfortunately. Hopefully next season we will right those wrongs.

As for worst moment, well I guess it has to be losing the FA Cup final as I knew in the back of my head it was coming, as soon as all this news was breaking about how Mancini was going to get sacked and then seeing our players just not seeming to put any effort in (bar a small minority) I was waiting for the moment Wigan would pull the trigger on us. Then when Barry gave that shocking ball and Zabs had to make the challenge thus getting sent off I knew it was over. Thing is like someone said, when Watson scored that header I just knew it was coming and they deserved it, any other team and I would have been jumping out of my seat for Wigan and congratulating them on the spot but when it was us it just made me sink and was a head in hands moment when I saw the time remaining. I know we've done it before with Aguero's last minute goal winning us the league but that day I just knew there was no way we'd be doing anything like that as we were shocking. Then it started sinking in that the rags at work would be on a non stop rave about it and just be generally gloating and laughing and yeah that moment was dire. Then the news about Mancini getting sacked, it was disrespectful how it was done and just left me feeling like our club had took the success he took us to and then binned him off without allowing our fans to thank him properly. No matter whether you wanted him sacked or not there's no denying he won us an FA Cup, our first trophy in 34 years and he won us our first Premier League Title and that man deserved a real goodbye and thank you. Not a slip out of the side door and see him getting on a plane with the news breaking of his sacking the same day the rags were having a love fest for baconface.

So yeah in general the season has been a write off, just a nightmare season which will hopefully get lost in the history books. But the last month or two have been the hardest in my opinion, with most of the team just looking like they could care less, the FA Cup final, the sacking of Mancini. Shocking season.
Blackburn finished 7th the year after they won the Prem. I didn't bother reading on after that.

What I meant by that was the season after Blackburn won the League the rags didn't win it until the last day of the season. I know it didn't have anything to do with Blackburn as they weren't left in the chase for it but it will go down as Blackburn being Champions, then the next year the rags became Champions on the last day of the season.

Whereas we were Champions last year but then it will show that the rags won the League in April the season after, that's what makes us statistically the team with the worst Premier League Title defence ever. Sorry forgot to put Premier League Title defence in my original post.

Either way it's something I'd rather forget about.

Last two weekends have been pretty shit! - FA cup final defeat to Wigan followed by a defeat at home to a Norwich team that's only won one game away from home all year

The 12th Man said:
What I meant by that was the season after Blackburn won the League the rags didn't win it until the last day of the season. I know it didn't have anything to do with Blackburn as they weren't left in the chase for it but it will go down as Blackburn being Champions, then the next year the rags became Champions on the last day of the season.

Whereas we were Champions last year but then it will show that the rags won the League in April the season after, that's what makes us statistically the team with the worst Premier League Title defence ever. Sorry forgot to put Premier League Title defence in my original post.

Either way it's something I'd rather forget about.

United were 3rd in 03/04, 15 points behind Arsenal.

Worst moments:

1) Van Persie's goal
2) Wigan's winner
3) Barry's og at Southampton

Getting crushed trying to get in the Amesterdam Arena, nearly having my arm wrenched off trying to hold onto my wife so she wouldn't be crushed too

Was there 45 minutes before kick off, queuing up for just four turnstiles that was letting one person in every couple of minutes because the numpties inside were doing full body searches therefore blocking the entrance

I got to my seat 30s into kick off

I shall not be returning

squirtyflower said:
Getting crushed trying to get in the Amesterdam Arena, nearly having my arm wrenched off trying to hold onto my wife so she wouldn't be crushed too

Was there 45 minutes before kick off, queuing up for just four turnstiles that was letting one person in every couple of minutes because the numpties inside were doing full body searches therefore blocking the entrance

I shall not be returning

Sounds like you had a much better time in Schalke! :)

Churchill123 said:
squirtyflower said:

I shall not be returning

Sounds like you had a much better time in Schalke! :)
Indeed, and hamburg and Munich

There was times when I was dissapointed, but on the whole I still enjoyed winning the majority of our games! The only game's I regret going to was Chelsea away cause it was boring as fuck and the tubes didnt work! And Sunderland cause we were shit, their fans were trying to kick off after the game and I had the shits!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.