Yves Bissouma

Not the worst candidate... but not the best either. I'd wish City to sign a genuine competitor to Rodri, not his backup
His genuine competitor is probably progressing through the EDS. Not the worst idea to sign someone for 2-3 years until we see if Lavia is ready for PL games, and who could probably be flipped for a profit if he contributes to more titles and trophies. That said, we could possibly give Yangel Herrera a go and it wouldn’t cost us anything, though not sure he would get a work permit?

There is still time to pick up Douglas from Villa on a reduced fee. He is not up to Fernas standard but I am sure Pep could work on him. Zinky a classic example of Peps magic.

Have you watched him this season?
I saw quite a bit of him early season/pre Christmas when I was staying in the Canaries for a couple of months and he honestly didn’t look as good as he had been the previous year.
However, he has been getting rave reviews in Spain since the turn of 2021, was their standout player in the two Europa League games v united and was excellent when Granada beat Barca last weekend

was their standout player in the two Europa League games v united and was excellent when Granada beat Barca last weekend

We’re going to have to agree to disagree there. I definitely didn’t think much of him against United (passable in the first leg, poor in the second leg) and just okay against Barça (it was an accidental victory).
I haven’t seen a lot of him this season, but when I did, it wasn’t impressive. And a cold look at his stats also don’t inspire any confidence.
For us to bring someone from Granada, you’d think he would have to be a clear standout.
If it happens, I hope it works out, but I’m not sold
They play Real Madrid next Thursday, I’ll watch that one for him

We’re going to have to agree to disagree there. I definitely didn’t think much of him against United (passable in the first leg, poor in the second leg) and just okay against Barça (it was an accidental victory).
I haven’t seen a lot of him this season, but when I did, it wasn’t impressive. And a cold look at his stats also don’t inspire any confidence.
For us to bring someone from Granada, you’d think he would have to be a clear standout.
If it happens, I hope it works out, but I’m not sold
They play Real Madrid next Thursday, I’ll watch that one for him
I’m not sure he’d get a work permit anyway but if we were looking to go large on other priorities eg striker, left back or a Grealish type then he would cost us nothing and wouldn’t expect to start every week like say Rice, Ndidi or even Bissouma. The latter two of course might also miss a month of the season with AFCON in January
The Madrid game will be worth another look as you say

edit: Venezuela currently ranked 30th by Fifa which is higher than I thought so he would probably qualify for.a WP given he has also been a regular in La Liga for two seasons

22A4C123-F252-4C9E-ABEE-65DE0C47D819.png

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.