Zaba - worth an appeal?

We've appealed:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/01/06/2292673/breaking-news-fa-reveal-manchester-city-have-appealed-red" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... pealed-red</a>

red sun said:
I am a gooner. So its possible that I see it differently.

Zabaleta got the red card first. Then Sagna. I think that usually says something, don't you? He obviously says something to Sagna which riles him up and the assistant ref hears it and that's what he tells the ref when he goes over to inquire, who sends off the aggressor first,then 'reactor' later. He sort of even wanted to explain to Sagna why he has to send him off but offered non to Zaba.
Sagna was so annoyed he kept pointing at his temple which usually implies 'brainless guy this Zabaleta'.
Obviously at first glance Sagna is the aggressor and Zaba shouldn't be sent off. But I'm convinced he said something bad to Sagna to get such a reaction. Maybe even racist. Because Sagna is usually a cool headed guy. Bowyer even stamped on him in our game before yours and got no reaction.

Someone says zaba tried to put his hand over sagna's shoulder and sagna would have none of it. Think about it. Would zidane have let materrazzi put his hand around his shoulder after he calls zidane's mom a hoe? In fact that tells me Zaba is smart enough to know he said something so bad that if he does that funny gimmick, sagna would just toss away his hand...making Zaba look the better guy!! Why would you try to put your hand around a guy who has got you sent off? (if you believe it's sagna who got Zaba sent off).

Not trying to annoy anyone here...just giving an alternative hypothesis.

I'll keep it simple for you. Your entire argument is based on the supposition that Zab said something to Sagna and worse still that it must have been something racist! Why, just because because you saw both players lips move ffs get a grip.

You sound almost as bad as that prick on the radio last night '' boo hoo I spent £100 on a ticket and my team didn't win boo hoo sob sob sob.

as the players on his own team at the time included Kompany, Kolo Toure, Yaya Toure, Micah Richards, and Vincent Kompany, I could be wrong but I doubt Zaba is shouting out racist remarks.

red sun said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
You have such one-eyed views, I'm beginning to think you are a penis

Only people with a low IQ, or people lacking the mental capacity to hold an objective argument resort to insults when they can't counter a compulsive argument. The stories of an elbow are exaggerated. I am willing to withdraw my claim should I watch it again and see RVP throw an elbow because that would be just wrong.

*sigh*

The FA
Zabaleta appeal received

Thursday, 06 January, 2011

Manchester City defender appeals against red card.
Manchester City’s Pablo Zabaleta has submitted a claim for wrongful dismissal.

Zabaleta was shown a red card during City’s match against Arsenal on 5 January.

A Regulatory Commission will hear the claim on Friday 7 January.

Andouble said:
as the players on his own team at the time included Kompany, Kolo Toure, Yaya Toure, Micah Richards, and Vincent Kompany, I could be wrong but I doubt Zaba is shouting out racist remarks.

I would like this Arsenal fan, to explain what he means by "Maybe even racist." I want you, pal, to come out and be specific about the content. You've left it hangin' out there. I think this is quite a serious matter. Do you think Zab "Maybe" said ******, coon, Gollywog? Don't hide behind general categories now. Now I know you aren't projecting are you when you toss out the "Maybe even racist" to explain why a black man would react negatively to something a white man might say or do?

I think that Zab said something - maybe, maybe - about Sagna having a girls hair-do. Then again, I'm not projecting my repressed hostile feelings about blacks onto others.

red sun said:
I am a gooner. So its possible that I see it differently.

Zabaleta got the red card first. Then Sagna. I think that usually says something, don't you? He obviously says something to Sagna which riles him up and the assistant ref hears it and that's what he tells the ref when he goes over to inquire, who sends off the aggressor first,then 'reactor' later. He sort of even wanted to explain to Sagna why he has to send him off but offered non to Zaba.
Sagna was so annoyed he kept pointing at his temple which usually implies 'brainless guy this Zabaleta'.
Obviously at first glance Sagna is the aggressor and Zaba shouldn't be sent off. But I'm convinced he said something bad to Sagna to get such a reaction. Maybe even racist. Because Sagna is usually a cool headed guy. Bowyer even stamped on him in our game before yours and got no reaction.

Someone says zaba tried to put his hand over sagna's shoulder and sagna would have none of it. Think about it. Would zidane have let materrazzi put his hand around his shoulder after he calls zidane's mom a hoe? In fact that tells me Zaba is smart enough to know he said something so bad that if he does that funny gimmick, sagna would just toss away his hand...making Zaba look the better guy!! Why would you try to put your hand around a guy who has got you sent off? (if you believe it's sagna who got Zaba sent off).

Not trying to annoy anyone here...just giving an alternative hypothesis.

what utter bollocks. you suggest, without the slightest evidence, that zabaleta "said something so bad" to sagna that was "maybe even racist". if this was even remotely the case, do you seriously think it wouldn't be plastered all over the papers this morning with endless loops of the incident on ssn? as for zabaleta being sent off first, my reading of that is that the ref did so because he was the away team's player so the home crowd's potential reaction would be less vociferous than if sagna was sent off first.

would you care to comment on arsenal's clogging & cheating in the game at coms earlier this season by any chance? at the very least song & fabregas should have been double yellowed in that game. and as for time wasting jens lehmann turned it into an art form for years.

AlexWilliamsGloves said:
I dont think either deserved to be sent off...

Andy Gray said something during the match last night that is very true...there doesnt seem to be any "fouls" in the game anymore...just bookings and sendings off

No old-fashioned tough tackles
In the second half though Koscielny scythed Tevez down and....got nothing.

De Jong got booked for fuck all. Same thing going on with Balo, getting booked for nothing.

Dubai Blue said:
nobby_31 said:
I listened to it on 5 live and they said it was a disgrace then I watched last night and as far as I'm concerned Zab just stood his ground HE didn't once make a threatening move, Sanga was doing the head pushing. City SHOULD appeal against this and use video evidence, get off and the league extend Sanga's ban to six games.
If I had my way, neither of them would have been sent off. It's embarrassing that shit like this gets classed as violent conduct in football. What was violent about it? Nothing but handbags.

I've never really understood why they all push faces and lean heads together etc. You're going to get sent off for violent conduct anyway may as well give someone a proper nut or punch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.