Zaba - worth an appeal?

The reason Zabby approached Sagna in the first place was beause of the needless foul right in front of the linesmen that Sagna placed on Zab.

ie kicking his leg from under him when the ball was clearly going out of play.

Words were exchanged between the two before Sagna approached Zab and placed his head against Zab's.

If you get three matches for pushing someone who is clearly only interested in further intimidation and making a forward motion with his head against yours then you might as well have given Dejong and Barry five matches minimum for the petty fouls committed during the game that got them a yellow ( both warrented a warning only ) and the same offences placed on us by Arsenal players later in the second half that went without a card of course.

The ref has made a blunder he should admit it and withdraw the red card he will be seen in a much better light by the wider public for admitting his error.

Fairs fair when you make a challenge against the law and the spirit of the game you should be punished but standing your ground after being hacked down needlessly by a bloke who was clearly frustrated and not been given a free kick earlier when Jo clumisly and accidently stood on his hand is absurd.

If the ref won't withdraw the red then we must appeal against this decision for the good of the game if nothing else.

I agree that some incidents do not get the scrutiny they deserve but when you send someone off for a 3 match ban for a push away when being confronted in a potentially violent manner is absurd.

red sun said:
I am a gooner. So its possible that I see it differently.

Zabaleta got the red card first. Then Sagna. I think that usually says something, don't you? He obviously says something to Sagna which riles him up and the assistant ref hears it and that's what he tells the ref when he goes over to inquire, who sends off the aggressor first,then 'reactor' later. He sort of even wanted to explain to Sagna why he has to send him off but offered non to Zaba.
Sagna was so annoyed he kept pointing at his temple which usually implies 'brainless guy this Zabaleta'.
Obviously at first glance Sagna is the aggressor and Zaba shouldn't be sent off. But I'm convinced he said something bad to Sagna to get such a reaction. Maybe even racist. Because Sagna is usually a cool headed guy. Bowyer even stamped on him in our game before yours and got no reaction.

Someone says zaba tried to put his hand over sagna's shoulder and sagna would have none of it. Think about it. Would zidane have let materrazzi put his hand around his shoulder after he calls zidane's mom a hoe? In fact that tells me Zaba is smart enough to know he said something so bad that if he does that funny gimmick, sagna would just toss away his hand...making Zaba look the better guy!! Why would you try to put your hand around a guy who has got you sent off? (if you believe it's sagna who got Zaba sent off).

Not trying to annoy anyone here...just giving an alternative hypothesis.

That's either a wind up or just totally unsubstantiated bullshit. The ref sent Zaba off first to appease the home crowd. Van Rapist should have been booked on several occasions. The ref gave several warnings to Arsenal players yet gave two soft yellows very early doors for our lads. How's that for a different perspective ?
To be honest, the number of Gooners complaining on the radio last night and this morning has been laughable. Moaning about how we didn't let you score. What a fucking joke you are.

red sun said:

Zabaleta got the red card first. Then Sagna. I think that usually says something, don't you? He obviously says something to Sagna which riles him up and the assistant ref hears it and that's what he tells the ref when he goes over to inquire, who sends off the aggressor first,then 'reactor' later. He sort of even wanted to explain to Sagna why he has to send him off but offered non to Zaba.
Sagna was so annoyed he kept pointing at his temple which usually implies 'brainless guy this Zabaleta'.
Obviously at first glance Sagna is the aggressor and Zaba shouldn't be sent off. But I'm convinced he said something bad to Sagna to get such a reaction. Maybe even racist. Because Sagna is usually a cool headed guy. Bowyer even stamped on him in our game before yours and got no reaction.

Someone says zaba tried to put his hand over sagna's shoulder and sagna would have none of it. Think about it. Would zidane have let materrazzi put his hand around his shoulder after he calls zidane's mom a hoe? In fact that tells me Zaba is smart enough to know he said something so bad that if he does that funny gimmick, sagna would just toss away his hand...making Zaba look the better guy!! Why would you try to put your hand around a guy who has got you sent off? (if you believe it's sagna who got Zaba sent off).

Very sorry my friend but that is the biggest load of tosh I´ve ever had the misfortune of turning my eyelids up at - ffs GO AND LOOK AT THE VIDEO!

SalfordCityBlue said:
I124Q said:
Bit off topic, but did you see RVP elbow Vinny after his tackle, if the ref seen that, it could of been a different result. Fair play to Vinny for not reacting.

Yeah, I saw that. Dirty bastard.

Don't expect anything to come of it though.
Van Pussy is as the name suggests - a cowardly, snidey cheating little coont - a disgrace to the PL

That's either a wind up or just totally unsubstantiated bullshit. The ref sent Zaba off first to appease the home crowd. Van Rapist should have been booked on several occasions. The ref gave several warnings to Arsenal players yet gave two soft yellows very early doors for our lads. How's that for a different perspective ?
To be honest, the number of Gooners complaining on the radio last night and this morning has been laughable. Moaning about how we didn't let you score. What a fucking joke you are.[/quote]

Now this is unsubstantiated bullshit

mike channon´s windmill said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Yeah, I saw that. Dirty bastard.

Don't expect anything to come of it though.
Van Pussy is as the name suggests - a cowardly, snidey cheating little coont - a disgrace to the PL

Do you have a clip for this. Seen a lot of this allegation here but didn't see it in the game. I thought Vinny landed awkwardly on RVP. Where did the elbow come from? stop exaggerating stuff mate.

red sun said:

Do you have a clip for this. Seen a lot of this allegation here but didn't see it in the game. I thought Vinny landed awkwardly on RVP. Where did the elbow come from? stop exaggerating stuff mate.
How about his dive last Sat? His pathetic display at City last season - the numerous dives and feigns captured on camera - And you stick up for this sad excuse of a man? Take the fookin red glasses off mate

red sun said:

Very sorry my friend but that is the biggest load of tosh I´ve ever had the misfortune of turning my eyelids up at - ffs GO AND LOOK AT THE VIDEO!

Why did zabaletta turn around and go towards Sagna? He was running in the opposite direction wasn't he? why did he turn? what did he turn to say or do? why did he not continue running in the direction he was facing? sorry my friend, but he isn't innocent.

red sun said:

You have such one-eyed views, I'm beginning to think you are a penis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.