Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

Can only wish him the best in what ever he does.
Gave his heart and soul to the club. He is one player I would love to go for a beer with.

Keep him. Get in a young right back who will start the majority of games and let Zaba give him the rest he needs as and when. He could still play 10 league games and a few domestic cup games.
If we're only talking a squad player its got to be Zaba over Sagna. If we don't end up getting somebody else in then I suspect it'll be similar to this year with Sagna being first choice though tbh he doesn't strike me as a Guardiola full back.

He looks short of pace which caused his problems on Saturday. Some tough choices for him on his future. I would like him to retire his international career and have this summer off. He just looks like years of non stop football have taken their toll and to have any chance of getting near the first team under Pep he needs to get some of his pace and mojo back. Would absolutely hate to see him playing badly for Sunderland or the like. He is an absolute legend for the club and would love to see his continued involvement and influence.

I'm not in favour of any testimonials for multi-millionaires mate. They used to give a player a bit of a pension pot, not much at that.

A tesimonial for Zabba would give him 2 weeks wages.

He'll give the money to charity, that's what 99% of modern players do when they get testimonials. It's not about raising money, it never really was - it's about dedicating a day to thanking a player for years worth of service and give him a send off.

I'm not in favour of any testimonials for multi-millionaires mate. They used to give a player a bit of a pension pot, not much at that.

A tesimonial for Zabba would give him 2 weeks wages.
He wouldn't want the money, so that's not relevant, the testimonial would be about celebrating a City great, as much for us as him. I'd support one, and he/they can give any money raised to a charity of his choosing.

Love Zabba, give him another year, then on to the backroom staff maybe on to one of our sister clubs to get his coaching badges, a future manager ? I would love that !

He wouldn't want the money, so that's not relevant, the testimonial would be about celebrating a City great, as much for us as him. I'd support one, and give any money raised to a charity of his choosing.
Yeah I had a similar argument not long ago when the subject came up. No modern footballer (Premier league) has a testimonial to earn themselves a few quid anymore. It all goes to charity.
Who wouldn't want to wish Zaba the best and show their support for the man whose given us his all for the last 7/8 years?

Keep him. Get in a young right back who will start the majority of games and let Zaba give him the rest he needs as and when. He could still play 10 league games and a few domestic cup games.
If we're only talking a squad player its got to be Zaba over Sagna. If we don't end up getting somebody else in then I suspect it'll be similar to this year with Sagna being first choice though tbh he doesn't strike me as a Guardiola full back.

As great a servant as he has been, at this level sentimentality isn't what keeps you at the top. Would be incredibly harsh to keep Zaba over Sagna after this season plus if anyone is more likely to suit a squad role it would be Sagna, especially when he has the ability to play centre half.

Very sad day if he goes, but he loves to play, and if he wants a couple more years elsewhere then fair play to him, he's earned that

100% sure if he does go, he'll be back at city after retirement working with the kids or in some other capacity.

Top blue!

images

As great a servant as he has been, at this level sentimentality isn't what keeps you at the top. Would be incredibly harsh to keep Zaba over Sagna after this season plus if anyone is more likely to suit a squad role it would be Sagna, especially when he has the ability to play centre half.
Not in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.