Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

He'll get a small contract extension, probably 1 year. Once that's up he'll go to NYCFC.
Let's hope they have some semblance of a defense by then. Because if I have to watch him on that monstrosity of a pitch, the width of a lemon wedge, I think I'll cry.

Give him another year FFS he has earn't it.

As harsh as it sounds there is no little room for sentiment!
He has been brilliant for us, both as a player and as a person. He will quite rightly go down as a City legend but it's clear his legs have gone and although Sagna is 18 months older he does seem the fitter and more trusted of the 2.

I have no doubt Zab could well return to City in some capacity in the future and quite clearly he would be welcome with open arms. The day he leaves will be a sad day but one that isn't too far away.
Zab is a warrior, he won't want to be a passenger and he more than anyone will know when his time is up with us.
I just hope and expect the club to let him leave and go where he wants. His service deserves that. (a bit like Cech at Chelsea) Zab has earnt the right to tell the club where he wants to go and the club should do everything possible to make that happen.

No room for sentiment. It's similar to United with Evra, he's been a great player, but ultimate it's painful now, his legs have gone and he's hugely struggling.

Serie A would be a good move for him, much slower paced.

Can't blame him for being frustrated but his form has been poor for much of the season through injuries and the fact he's older and has played a hell of a lot games in recent seasons. Sagna is the better player at the moment and though I love Zabba, the club need to improve and we can't afford to have players in just because of what they've done previously.

If & when he does go I hope we the fans are given a chance to give him a proper send off, it would be tragic if he just moves off quietly in the Summer

Deserves a good send off... Proud owner of a signed Zabaleta shirt.
My favourite player no doubt.

I would suggest NYCFC but I'd be embarrassed for the lad to see him in that shocking defence.

Unfortunately time waits for no man...great player for City bleeds blue blood but think next season is one too many at the highest level. If Arteta can come and coach with Pep how about Zab becoming a defensive coach in the ranks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.