Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

It didn't he was excellent that season. which is why we hardly saw Sagna in his fist year.
He wasn't excellent. Everyone was saying he looked knackered and going all the way to the WC final the Summer before after playing virtually the whole season the year before that and that it had all done him in the other season. Last season he was just worse than that.

Looking forward to him proving plenty wrong if he stays.
There's no doubts the Zaba we saw last season was a pale imitation of the one we all know and love but there were mitigating circumstances that seem to be getting ignored in the rush to say he's finished.
If he does stay then obviously i want to be proved wrong,otherwise we're up shit creek for at least a third of the season.

I think sentiment and emotion is blinding the reality - i'm another that believes the decline started a couple of seasons back.

why could Zab not be played as a defencive midfielder, i think it would be a good position for him, not so much bombing down the wing, give him till jan and see how he goes if it does not work out then move then, simples.
This has been discussed and dismissed on numerous occasions due to the fact it was attempted and he looked a dead loss.

Or are you simply on the Wum?

If he does stay then obviously i want to be proved wrong,otherwise we're up shit creek for at least a third of the season.

I think sentiment and emotion is blinding the reality - i'm another that believes the decline started a couple of seasons back.
No sentiment or emotion from me - certainly not when talking about his playing ability anyway.

No sentiment or emotion from me - certainly not when talking about his playing ability anyway.
I'm just struggling to see where the optimism regarding a resurgence comes from given his body is battered and he's looked a pale imitation of himself for a good while now.

I'm just struggling to see where the optimism regarding a resurgence comes from given his body is battered and he's looked a pale imitation of himself for a good while now.

So you think that Pep is just giving Zabbs a chance because he is a fans favourite. I dont think so, obviously he has been putting in a shift in pre season and has made Pep think that he can do a job. There is no place for sentiment, Zabbs must have earned his place in the squad

So you think that Pep is just giving Zabbs a chance because he is a fans favourite. I dont think so, obviously he has been putting in a shift in pre season and has made Pep think that he can do a job. There is no place for sentiment, Zabbs must have earned his place in the squad

Is he training? Haven't noticed him in any of the pics.

I happen to think that he's one of the fittest players we have and whilst his body may well be battered his mind isn't. He's never had much pace so I'm not worried about him on that score and the truth be told none of our defenders have covered themselves in glory over the last two years. Sagna has been solid and cliche had some very good games but on the whole I think they've suffered from having a manager who allowed far too much pressure to be placed upon them by playing a front six without an engine as such.
I'd have taken a couple of new full backs because we're getting ourselves in a precarious position with the ages but all along I've maintained if I was to choose one to stay it would be Zaba over Sagna - though I was thinking whichever stayed should be back up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.