Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

Depends a lot on how we line up, I still think Zaba can do a job in a back four, but if we go three at the back he could play as the right of a back three with the wing back doing the running forward. Or he could be the wing back, he is very good at overlapping and he can cross.
Plus as a wing back you tend to have one of the back three helping out with the wide defensive duties

So you think that Pep is just giving Zabbs a chance because he is a fans favourite. I dont think so, obviously he has been putting in a shift in pre season and has made Pep think that he can do a job. There is no place for sentiment, Zabbs must have earned his place in the squad
As Rolee has posted,i'm not sure he's even training yet? i though he had a minor injury?

Anyway,its irrelevant,if he's staying,there's a reason.

Now before i start i am not saying everyone and i aint saying this is necessary true,Its just the City lads i know and having a chat about Zab and players,History etc in general.
But to me its the newer/younger fans we have who are quite happy to see Zab go,whether its the winning mentality and the moving on wards thing i dont know.
The older mob..cough like myself,(39+) who have been and seen the shit times are more loyal to players.Maybe because back in the day we had lads who lets say weren't gifted with the ability of Silva etc.But put in a big effort and did there best for the club....hence why Zab is such a popular figure,Big Vincent the same.
As i stated this is my humble opinion and i'm not having ago at any one.

Now before i start i am not saying everyone and i aint saying this is necessary true,Its just the City lads i know and having a chat about Zab and players,History etc in general.
But to me its the newer/younger fans we have who are quite happy to see Zab go,whether its the winning mentality and the moving on wards thing i dont know.
The older mob..cough like myself,(39+) who have been and seen the shit times are more loyal to players.Maybe because back in the day we had lads who lets say weren't gifted with the ability of Silva etc.But put in a big effort and did there best for the club....hence why Zab is such a popular figure,Big Vincent the same.

I'm not sure you'll find many City fans who are happy to see him go, some ( like myself ) see it as now is the best time to part company but feel sad that Father Time has caught up with him.

I also don't believe that age has anything to do with it. I'm 37 so have witnessed the shit but still feel the way I do about Zaba now. I'd rather he go out with the memories I have of him rather than watch his decline.

I think if Zabba stays fit he is worth holding onto for a season. Hes a warrior a leader on the pitch and will work his balls off for the club. 1 bad season in my eyes doesnt mean he is finished as a player for us. If we dont sign a new right back go with what we have I fully expect Zabba to be back stronger than last season. Playing in a defence that has a plan and can defend as a unit he should be a good solid squad player pushing for a start this season. Yes i get if the club wants to sell and get a fee do so now as he can walk for free this time next season we just need more players with his attitude at the club. Them players are worth a hell of a lot.

I think quite a lot just see that we're at a period in time at our club where loyalty can only be kept if the player maintains a high standard of performance. Granted i'm 22, so i'm partly in both camps, I remember us in the old division 2 and old division 1 where loyalty and hard work was what endeared us to the players, the Goat being my favourite player. Zaba has shown us that and kept a high standard bar the last 18 months but if we want our club to continue to succeed and thrive then we have to recognise the right time to move players on. If Pep has seen something in Zaba that makes him believe he's still useful then so be it, he's the world class manager. Personally, going just off of his performances in the past 18 months, I don't see it anymore, he's regressed more than any other player in our squad. Of course i'd be happy if Zaba proved me wrong, I just don't see it happening though.

Last edited:
There's a difference between blind loyalty and loyalty. Now is the right time to move on, he's been a fantastic servant and will go down as a legend.

As Rolee has posted,i'm not sure he's even training yet? i though he had a minor injury?

Anyway,its irrelevant,if he's staying,there's a reason.

Whether he is actually training or not he will be taking part in pre season in some capacity or other. A couple of weeks ago he was on his way, something he has done has changed somebodys mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.