Zabaleta confirms he will stay at City

Maybe you should read the "journeyman" bit before he added the "praise", eh?

Maybe you're too thick to realise this was an inaccurate observation to begin with so any post you so gallantly replied with is irrelevant.

Have I cursed him for anything else? No, so wind your fooking neck in!

It's not about beind the Bestestest Blue Ever, it's about being accurate.

Did you need to curse him to start off with ?

He called him a journeyman, maybe he would have been better calling him a solid grafter, you are the only one that thought he was top quality when he signed, you know because you had him on your "radar" since he was 20.

You are the one needing to wind the old neck in, nobody else has taken offence at Zabs being called a journeyman before he became the best rb in the country, I read his post and understood full well what he meant, you didn't as you fixated on "journeyman" of course if you used your considerable intelligence you would have been able to switch the word for the correct one in your own head and not felt the need to label a fellow blue a twat, even though he was saying Zabs was brilliant and didn't want him to leave.

A strange old world on here sometimes.

I guess Stonys post was what the man was really trying to get across in the first place, but you knew that really.

I think the job Zabba has done for us is hugely underrated.

I know he is a fan favourite, and alongside Dunne my favourite City player, but most of the time people judge him because of his commitment or ability to play 'like a fan'.

The fact is that for two years he became one of, if not the, outstanding RBs in the world. The guy was winning PL titles and playing in a WC final. He could defend, attack and was hard as nails. For at least 24 months he was by far the most consistant player in this side. He was regularly putting in no less than a 7.5 out of 10 each game.

When you compare him to Micah, who had every physical attribute going to make it to the top, there should have only been one outstanding City RB at shouldn't have been Zab.

Not only has he been a true City legend and an outstanding ambassador to our club, he was/still can be an outstanding footballer. He was, in his position, every bit as good as Kun or Vinny was in their positions.

Did you need to curse him to start off with ?

He called him a journeyman, maybe he would have been better calling him a solid grafter, you are the only one that thought he was top quality when he signed, you know because you had him on your "radar" since he was 20.

You are the one needing to wind the old neck in, nobody else has taken offence at Zabs being called a journeyman before he became the best rb in the country, I read his post and understood full well what he meant, you didn't as you fixated on "journeyman" of course if you used your considerable intelligence you would have been able to switch the word for the correct one in your own head and not felt the need to label a fellow blue a twat, even though he was saying Zabs was brilliant and didn't want him to leave.

A strange old world on here sometimes.

I guess Stonys post was what the man was really trying to get across in the first place, but you knew that really.

So you spend all time arguing with me, just to end up agreeing he could have chosen better phrasing?!

He was, basically, lumping Zabba in with the Andy Morrisons of this world!

Now HE was a journeyman & you don't go from that to be "world class"!

I know I was harsh, but I wasn't wrong!

Right back ?

Or are you expecting Sagna and Maffeo to play all the games, plenty of game time for all of them imo, this was the problem in the first place, Zabs got burned out because sagna just wasn't at the races in his first season here.
yep.

I think the job Zabba has done for us is hugely underrated.

I know he is a fan favourite, and alongside Dunne my favourite City player, but most of the time people judge him because of his commitment or ability to play 'like a fan'.

The fact is that for two years he became one of, if not the, outstanding RBs in the world. The guy was winning PL titles and playing in a WC final. He could defend, attack and was hard as nails. For at least 24 months he was by far the most consistant player in this side. He was regularly putting in no less than a 7.5 out of 10 each game.

When you compare him to Micah, who had every physical attribute going to make it to the top, there should have only been one outstanding City RB at shouldn't have been Zab.

Not only has he been a true City legend and an outstanding ambassador to our club, he was/still can be an outstanding footballer. He was, in his position, every bit as good as Kun or Vinny was in their positions.
Brilliant post. spot on, esp about Micah.nailed it.

from my seat in south stand level 2, i remember watching Zabba take a crossfield pass from yaya, a high ball with some weight on it,by cushioning the ball dead with the inside of his right boot

...i thought wow! we,ve got some classy full backs playing for us these days!
i remember Zab under Hughes,dedicated as fuck.in midfield he would carry out the managers instructions to a tee. i,ll never forget how hard he worked for City under hughes.His game appeared to go up another level, technique wise, under later managers,altho this may have been more the fact i hadn,t noticed him before he joined city and that he always had that ability in his locker..
A fantastic player to have on board,hope he is fully fit and able to assist the pep revolution.

It wasn't overnight. a certain coach came in who was exceptional at developing a defensive line... He also did the same for vinny. We all have our opinions of Bobby but at one point he had 2 of the best defenders in Europe, mostly because of his input!!
very good point.

Be a sad day when zab goes. I think he has lost his speed of thought more than anything and it was evident last season that he was a split second late in the tackle.

He is a legend along with Kompany and both have been here for most of their careers.

I hope if he does go, it is with the sound of the fans thanks ringing in his ears.

Hope he stays long enough for a testimonial. He represents city and what we are at the moment. A true manc!

He's got to stay as his song is already one of the best we sing. Having said that, we'll be singing his song for many, many years to come IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.