Zabaleta Out? Right back discussion {merged}

Amazing how this kind of thing can derail a team - anyone remember whe Kenny Clements broke his leg early in the 78/79 season and everyone bar the stadium cat was moved out of their own natural positions to try and cover the fact we had no other right-back. Squads were tiny back then.

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Do our players take yoga classes? Giggs swears by it and I can see the logic in that the muscle tissue would be stretched and stop them tightening up as easily. Would be interesting to hear if the club insists on yoga? If not, they should be looking into it when you see the type of injuries being suffered in a regular basis.
Rodwell does, which doesn't exactly look like a good thing but his injuries are caused by skeletal growth so... did pilates at one stage myself (made me feel like less of a sissy than yoga) good for building strength without bulking up too much alright.

Well, if Boyata ever wanted to prove his doubters wrong then there's no time like the present.

For all the talk of Milner or Rodwell etc I will be very very surprised if it is not Boyata or even Demichelis.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Shay Facey looks better than for me, despite lack of experience

Facey looks promising, but I think it'd be too risky to play him right now.

Only going off recent history here, but we have had so many kids who look good for the EDS, then they go somewhere like Oldham or Sheffield United on loan and look average in senior football.

That's why I'd rather see Facey on loan, the step up from EDS even to League One and Two has seemed too much for players like Bunn, Plummer and Henshall, and the Prem is a whole different level.

LoveCity said:
PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Shay Facey looks better than for me, despite lack of experience

Facey looks promising, but I think it'd be too risky to play him right now.

Only going off recent history here, but we have had so many kids who look good for the EDS, then they go somewhere like Oldham or Sheffield United on loan and look average in senior football.

That's why I'd rather see Facey on loan, the step up from EDS even to League One and Two has seemed too much for players like Bunn, Plummer and Henshall, and the Prem is a whole different level.

I'm not convinced you can read much at all into loans into League 1 & 2, if they'd been off to the Dutch League or Liga Adelante or Portugal and failed then fair enough, I really think we need B clubs in those leagues to farm our young talent out to rather than sending them to be misused in a kick and rush puddle league, because that's not what they play at EDS, it's no wonder most of the time it's only the technically deficient athletes like Helan or Wabara who shine there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.