Zabaleta Out? Right back discussion {merged}

Rammyblues said:
Not read the whole thread but if it hasn't been mentioned hasn't Clichy played there before in the past?
And no reason why he can't play there again. Despite our injuries, we have 5 of our first choice defenders fit, and maybe 6 if Nasty makes it. I expect the back four on Saturday to come from amongst those players

Rammyblues said:
Not read the whole thread but if it hasn't been mentioned hasn't Clichy played there before in the past?

it will be boyata which could help the defence think of it this way zabba attacks a lot leaving us open on the counter attack .Boyata will hold his position keeping us more solid if jovetic or navas comes in we should still be productive with a midfield of yaya fernandinho silva nasri jovetic/ or navas with negredo loan striker.

aguero93:20 said:
teddykgb said:
I'm really nervous about the prospect of Milner at RB. I understand the logic and it would certainly be the right thing to do in a video game, but the realities of playing as a defender versus a midfielder really concern me. There's just something very different about being the last line of defense and how you need to adapt your play. Plus you find yourself in very different areas of the pitch at times, doing very different things. Priorities shift....it's really just a very different position. I have no doubt he'd be good to great going forward, but it's really asking a lot out of a fine player to play out of position, particularly against Liverpool. Maybe we could get away with it versus Fulham.
you do know zaba was a centre mid when he signed for city right?

I don't remember that? Zab has always been a full back at city.

Liverpool were going on today about how Gerrard is making "Good progress" in his recovery from his hamstring strain..He was diagnosed 4-6 weeks...What's the odds he fit for City!!! Anyway lets hope Zabba gets well soon.

johnmc said:
teddykgb said:
I'm really nervous about the prospect of Milner at RB. I understand the logic and it would certainly be the right thing to do in a video game, but the realities of playing as a defender versus a midfielder really concern me. There's just something very different about being the last line of defense and how you need to adapt your play. Plus you find yourself in very different areas of the pitch at times, doing very different things. Priorities shift....it's really just a very different position. I have no doubt he'd be good to great going forward, but it's really asking a lot out of a fine player to play out of position, particularly against Liverpool. Maybe we could get away with it versus Fulham.

he has def played a few games for us, at centre midfield, under hughes

dennishasdoneit said:
johnmc said:

He may well be capable of playing in midfield if and when needed but he was most certainly signed as a full back.

pudge said:
dennishasdoneit said:
johnmc said:

He may well be capable of playing in midfield if and when needed but he was most certainly signed as a full back.
played in Spain as a centre mid, flexible enough to change positions kind of like Milner.

pudge said:
dennishasdoneit said:
played in Spain as a centre mid, flexible enough to change positions kind of like Milner.

He's good enough to make an impact wherever he is on the pitch. I know I've seen him play as a CB in the back 3 too. But for me, I would never move him from that right flank

Bulldoglikeapproach said:
pudge said:

He's good enough to make an impact wherever he is on the pitch. I know I've seen him play as a CB in the back 3 too. But for me, I would never move him from that right flank
you'd have to go back a bit now, but someone was saying they'd be nervous about Milner at rb, I just pointed out that we converted zaba from centre mid, so I wouldn't be too worried. on another note, kolarov demichelis and vinnie all started their careers in midfield as well :D

you'd have to go back a bit now, but someone was saying they'd be nervous about Milner at rb, I just pointed out that we converted zaba from centre mid, so I wouldn't be too worried. on another note, kolarov demichelis and vinnie all started their careers in midfield as well :D

I'm pretty certain youre wrong regarding at least Zaba and Komps,both were/are defenders first and foremost.

Anyway....Milner is by far the best option tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.