Zabaleta Out? Right back discussion {merged}

Blue Haze said:
We can't afford another performance like that one. Clichy's performance today nearly cost us points.

I know he had a poor game but you have to give credit to the lad for playing out of position and trying to do his bit for the team. In many ways it reminded me of Keith Curle playing at right back against Spain I think having a mare and never kicking a ball for England again. Whilst the likes of Tony Dorigo refused to play out of position.

Hopefully Zab will be back in the New Year. Well done City today, although the expletives I was shouting at the computer when we let a 2-0 lead slip are frankly unrepeatable. But alls well that ends well.

Kippaxgirl said:
blinkblue said:
Kippaxgirl said:
Poor Gael Clichy looked very uncomfortable playing on the right today. The poor guy only has a right foot to match up with his left. It is absolutely no use to him kicking a ball. Hope Pelligrini plays Boyata in that spot Boxing Day. He looked good playing in the Capital One Cup -- definitely will be more comfortable on the right than Clichy.

I'd rather it was Milner.

I'm okay with Milner although I do prefer him in the midfield going forward.

I would prefer Milner playing in front of, and supporting, whoever gets the job of stand in right back.

Liverpool will exploit this area of weakness far better than Fulham did today.

Sorry but Clichy is not the solution.

Either Boyata or Milner.

Who plays right back for the reserves btw ? ( when Micah is injured )

Tony Adcock said:

Either Boyata or Milner.

yep, suarez spends a lot of time in that area

City Raider said:
Tony Adcock said:

Either Boyata or Milner.

yep, suarez spends a lot of time in that area

Not quite sure what Suarez has to do with it....if you don't think Liverpool offer a greater attacking threat than Fulham then fair enough.....I happen to think they do and playing Clichy at right back will cause us big issues.

If Zab isn't fit for Boxing day then Milner has to play there for me.
Maybe Pellegrini will play Demichels is Nasatic is back (but that's risky as Demichels is a bit slow) - but Chlichy?
Er... No. Suicide.

BlueAnorak said:
If Zab isn't fit for Boxing day then Milner has to play there for me.

I fully agree with this. Jimmy is a smart footballer and will know how to handle Suarez (r whoever it is coming up against him) at the best possible way. Boyata has the composure of a rusty novice and no pace/acceleration, and that will cost us dearly I'm afraid.
Milner at RB for me, Clichy on the left (we need his pace).

It'll be really interesting to see how we cope with such a fast-paced, high-pressing team as Liverpool, especially considering that we are up against Barcelona early next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.