Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
intheknow! said:
I am a massive Ibra fan. I would be very happy if we could get him!

I doubt acquiring him is a priority right now personally. I believe there are other forwards more suited to our specifications in terms of age so it limits our future expenditure. Zlatan would be a short-term fix to an area where we do not lack quality anyway. Scoring goals has not been a problem this season but evidently the futures of our current forwards will dictate incoming players which is why it is essential that this is resolved swiftly and that the intentions of Carlos, Mario and Edin become transparent to the club.

Goo said:
zeven said:
Goo said:
If you think Balotelli is bad, this guy's a grade A twat! Don't want him wearing our shirt, and we don't need him to be wearing it.

Past his best, it's a downward slope from here for him!
Wow, the dumbest thing thing i ever seen in here.

Perhaps a bit overdramatic by me. But I've read things he published in his book about going mental at people like Guardiola, and he sounds like an absolute dick. I've also seen the way he throws his weight around the pitch, and it's not something I want (more?) of at my club!

Also, he's 30!? He's not going to improve, and won't be great for long, so what's the point in spending big on him.

Hardly the "dumbest thing you've ever read"!

Edit: A simple Youtube search of his name brings this up:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L0UaWnNUms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L0UaWnNUms</a>
Ok, Zlatan were honest enough to share EVERYTHING in his book, Trust me there are players in every team that has "bust ups" with their manager from time to time.

Now for Pep, who just decide to put him on the wing because Messi wants to play center, Pep who just start to ignore him for no reason, the same way he treated, Yaya,Bojan,Eto and many more players, the thing is, Zlatan was the only one who stood up for himself. I dont see the problem as long as he never use violence. something he NEVER have used.

Zlatan has done things because of his temper, as have most good players. to be the best you need that kind of mentality temper i think, look at world class players threw the years what they have done, you can make a god damn long list there.

Past his best? hes 30 and dont use pace. and become top scorer once again.

Ofcource he would be expensive, He is one of the best players in the world, you dont just get a good goal scorer, you also get one of the best playmakers, one with the best vision, he is Aguero,Silva and yaya into one player. better goal scorer than Aguero, better vision than Silva and stronger than Yaya.

But the best thing with him, you get the speciel mentality and leader that just cant be equaled by anyother, Not even kompany, players like Ronaldo dont come close here.

He walked into AC milan where you got legends like Nesta,Seedorf still he become the natural leader in that team in his first season.

He won the league by himself for both milan teams.

So how ppl can say this player are overrated its just wierd. Just look at his stats, what he has done up until TODAY

EDisIN said:
sincity said:
EDisIN said:
This is epic fokin post!!!

BTW I think that there will be some swap player dealing between milan and us...

dzeko and/or tevez, will probably leave and direction could easily be milano

Thank you for the insight, though I'm puzzled as to whether you're agreeing with me or criticizing it..
I suspect its the latter, so if you read the rest of the thread, you will see the reasons why I said that..I compared Balotelli of today and Ibrahmovic of 10 years ago, without considering the difference in quality of the leagues. And I believe Balo has the potential to better than Ibra if he gets his head screwed on right. And I think Mancini had the same idea when he paid 23mil for a fooking 20year old..
I've also given various other reasons why I don't prefer Ibra to City, despite his obvious qualities, and also accepted that Mancini likes him, so it won't be much of a surprise if he does come to City..
PS: Also ask yourself why would Milan be ready to sell Ibra, their hero for the last two seasons, and see if that reason can potentially affect City in any way

I've read your post and i know where you pointing, but it's just not Balotelli > Ibra... and I'm pretty sure that will never be!

Well, you're entitled to your opinion and so am I..
I've tried to justify why I believe so, and I may also be slightly biased because Balo is one of ours..
We will see in a few years how he turns out..

I don't think that anybody disputes his talent.

I also don't think you can compare Balotelli and Ibrahimovic at this time given the different stages in their career. Balotelli would have a considerable job on his hands achieving what Zlatan has in the game if he wants to be considered in the same context as Ibrahimovic though.

zeven said:
Goo said:
zeven said:
Wow, the dumbest thing thing i ever seen in here.

Perhaps a bit overdramatic by me. But I've read things he published in his book about going mental at people like Guardiola, and he sounds like an absolute dick. I've also seen the way he throws his weight around the pitch, and it's not something I want (more?) of at my club!

Also, he's 30!? He's not going to improve, and won't be great for long, so what's the point in spending big on him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L0UaWnNUms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L0UaWnNUms</a>
Ok, Zlatan were honest enough to share EVERYTHING in his book, Trust me there are players in every team that has "bust ups" with their manager from time to time.

Now for Pep, who just decide to put him on the wing because Messi wants to play center, Pep who just start to ignore him for no reason, the same way he treated, Yaya,Bojan,Eto and many more players, the thing is, Zlatan was the only one who stood up for himself. I dont see the problem as long as he never use violence. something he NEVER have used.

Zlatan has done things because of his temper, as have most good players. to be the best you need that kind of mentality temper i think, look at world class players threw the years what they have done, you can make a god damn long list there.

Ofcource he would be expensive, He is one of the best players in the world, you dont just get a good goal scorer, you also get one of the best playmakers, one with the best vision, he is Aguero,Silva and yaya into one player. better goal scorer than Aguero, better vision than Silva and stronger than Yaya.

But the best thing with him, you get the speciel mentality and leader that just cant be equaled by anyother, Not even kompany, players like Ronaldo dont come close here.

He walked into AC milan where you got legends like Nesta,Seedorf still he become the natural leader in that team in his first season.

So how ppl can say this player are overrated its just wierd. Just look at his stats, what he has done up until TODAY

I disagree. I don't think all the best players are aggressive, or have a temper, nor is it something that should just be overlooked when purchasing a player.

Whether or not he is a leader I don't know, I don't watch much AC enough to comment, but who cares. We already have leaders. No idea how you're quantifying qualitative data and saying Ibra is a better leader than any of our players by the way. It's totally circumstantial, and as our circumstances are, I'm over the moon that someone like Kompany is the leader of our team. He's just what we need!

Again, after 30 it's a downward slope, whoever you are. You may get to 32/33 and still be pretty good, but the crux of my point is WHY PAY HUGE SUMS OF MONEY FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL BE PRETTY GOOD IN A COUPLE OF YEARS WHEN YOU CAN SPEND JUST AS MUCH IF NOT LESS ON SOMEONE WHO WILL BE WORLD CLASS FOR YEARS TO COME?

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you'll never change mine on this one!

Goo said:
zeven said:
Goo said:

I disagree. I don't think all the best players are aggressive, or have a temper, nor is it something that should just be overlooked when purchasing a player.

Whether or not he is a leader I don't know, I don't watch much AC enough to comment, but who cares. We already have leaders. No idea how you're quantifying qualitative data and saying Ibra is a better leader than any of our players by the way. It's totally circumstantial, and as our circumstances are, I'm over the moon that someone like Kompany is the leader of our team. He's just what we need!

Again, after 30 it's a downward slope, whoever you are. You may get to 32/33 and still be pretty good, but the crux of my point is WHY PAY HUGE SUMS OF MONEY FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL BE PRETTY GOOD IN A COUPLE OF YEARS WHEN YOU CAN SPEND JUST AS MUCH IF NOT LESS ON SOMEONE WHO WILL BE WORLD CLASS FOR YEARS TO COME?

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you'll never change mine on this one!
Ehm you just siad you dont watch many Milan matches, so i will assume you didt watch many inter milan matches or juventus matches or maybe not the majority of Barcas matches when he played there, so How on earth are you entitled to debate his qualities if you dont follow him on a regular basis? its weird that you think you know better than lets say Mancini,capello,Mourinho,Allegri and those who follow him.

Kompany will not just stop being a leader, this is not a dig at our players that i love.

i just say you cant get enough of them! and he is probably the strongest one of them all out there.

IMO

Ibra doesn't fit our style of play or our transfer policy of buying players hungry for success under the age of 25.

The only plus point of him coming would be to bring on Guidetti but this would be a lot of money spent on a mentor for John.

Zeven only wants Ibra because he's Swedish, let him carry on ranting with himself.

Allthough as good as Ibra is, he wouldn't be a good deal for us.
He's already past his "peak", i mean , he's got 2 or 3 years left at international level left in him.
A player that old is always a gambling situation : he could totally drive the squad by his experience and deliver big performances in the big games ( ala Zidane ),
or crumble phisically, be the shadow of his former self and bring nothing of help to the squad.

I think that gambling around £25M/£30M on him would be terrible and a really bad money investment.

Seosa said:
Zeven only wants Ibra because he's Swedish, let him carry on ranting with himself.
Thats is just so lame and stupid. Why on earth would i want that?

I want whats best for the team NOTHING ELS. There is NO other Swedish player i want here, and i dont want to spend 25+ millions on him i would only approve this deal if one off our players goes the other way. oh and i didnt want him first time.

Seriously if that your best arguement against me, than frankly you can .... off because you question my loyality to city with that comment.

PS. im swedish by nationality, but only lived there half my life. I DONT FEEL very swedish, if city were to meet Sweden in a final, i would still support city all the way.

Zlatan is just a very good footballer and if Tevez or Yaya were to leave, Zlatan would be the one to replace them IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.