Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tevez says he wants to stay but IMO it is just a tactic to get his sizeable "loyalty" and PL winning bonus payments. There are not many fans who expect to see Tevez playing for City at the start of next season.

Plain Speaking said:
Tevez says he wants to stay but IMO it is just a tactic to get his sizeable "loyalty" and PL winning bonus payments. There are not many fans who expect to see Tevez playing for City at the start of next season.
THIS, He said the same last year.

zeven said:
It would be swap deal, not a purchase that im pretty sure about.

Then, as I said, imo its not worthwhile swapping Tevez or Balotelli for Ibra..If Tevez does indeed want to leave, and only to Milan, then there is no other option, is there?

zeven said:
how many playmakers we need? we have 3 spots that needs to be rotated, Silva,Nasri and Teves. if tevez leaves for Ibra and we buy Hazard we would have rour players for 3 spots.

Based on current team formation, I think it would be four players for 2 spots. Tevez's role is that of a support striker/forward, to be taken over by Balotelli or Dzeko if he is the one leaving..

But Ibra would be major upgrade to Dzeko, if Mancini wants to implement his Plan B

Plain Speaking said:

I don't like him but I respect him.

I'd prefer us go elsewhere during the transfer window, BUT

Those Hazard crosses miiiight look pretty sweet going off his ponytailed noggin and into the back of the net...

might convince me and others.

But not a likeable guy as it stands now for sure.

not to mention - in Mancini I trust. If that's what he wants, I'll sit back and wait to have my mind changed.

Would be great if it happened. It annoys me to see him in red & black. First things first though, congrats on the title! :) I don't have any allegiences to EPl sides one way or the other but I was defenitly rooting for ya yesterday. Most epic league conclusion I've ever seen since I started watching football.

Very happy for Mancio and Balotelli. They deserve it. :)

One point i'd like to adress. Where and how would he play? The biggest misconception about him, apart from the old not being able to perform in big games, is that he's purely a CF. It stems from him having the physique for it, and even though he can, and often does play that role it's not the strongest aspect of his game. He's a support forward, that just happens to score a lot of goals as well, and can play as a target due to his size and strength. In other words, a completely unique set of tools in World football.

This match for Milan is one example of his bigges strength as a footballer. That's not to say it's all he does, becaus he excels in a lot of areas.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AIsOvaNt_s[/youtube]

Ask yourself how often you see that many high quality defence splitting passes from a player in just one match? Doesn't happen often, especially not against parked busses. In truth, he does this against any team, even Barcelona, but it's not often his teammates take full advantage. I remember reading he had the highest number of key passes in Europe a couple of months back, but only 10 or so assists.

Mancio knows him as well, he would never limit him to a strictly CF position like at Barcelona, where he's not one third as effective as whe he's given a bit of freedom.

He's a bit of a polarizing figure, even as a footballer, because he's got a huge ego, but at the same time he's gotta be up there amongst the best decisionmakers in the World. He plays very unselfishly from that sense. For instance yesterday Nesta, Inzaghi, and Seedorf had their farewell match at Milan, and he could of broken the all-time goalscoring record in a Serie A season with a hatrick, but instead of shooting like a maniac C.Ronaldo style, he was constantly seraching for Pippo and Seedorf to get one in. He even let Seedorf take all the freekicks.

So yeah, he's definitly not perfect, but the pro's outweigh the cons by a ton, both as a man and as a footballer. Anyways, i rambled on long enough. I just really hope to see this transfer happen. :lol:

No we dont need any strikers to be honest we have Gudetti and even if Tevez leaves we have that area covered. Ibra the ego is 30 and a pain in the ass.

No fucking way, he isn't that great, lazy and would spend more time on Canal Street than the oppossition box!! (Not that there's anything wrong with that if your that way mind!!)

Great player but he would cost too much for his age because there is no sell on value there. Milan will try to take us to the cleaners, so as much as I like Ibra I wouldn't want this to happen.

Plus we already have enough basket case strikers

Oh, and another point i'd just like to make. Someone said he would do the same thing Tevez did if Mancini stuck him with the reserves. That is highly unlikely. He's a perfect professional, he would never refuse to come on, even if it was just for 2 minutes. That much I do know. Every coach he ever had, even Guardiola, complimented him on his professionalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.