Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
InterFANatic said:
Oh, and another point i'd just like to make. Someone said he would do the same thing Tevez did if Mancini stuck him with the reserves. That is highly unlikely. He's a perfect professional, he would never refuse to come on, even if it was just for 2 minutes. That much I do know. Every coach he ever had, even Guardiola, complimented him on his professionalism.

He tried to fight Guardiola.

Ibra said

'I told him what a friend had said to me - "you bought a Ferrari but drive it like a Fiat". The chat seemed to go well but then Guardiola started to freeze me out.
Blazing rows: Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola

Blazing rows: Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola

'I would walk into a room; he would leave. He would greet everyone by saying hello, but would ignore me.

'I had done a lot to adapt - the Barca players were like schoolboys, following the coach blindly, whereas I was used to asking "why?" I like guys who run red lights, not pedantic and strict rules. So I tried to be overly nice, didn't dare lose my temper.

'But after this I stopped trying to adapt. For example, at Barca players were banned from driving their sports cars to training. I thought this was ridiculous - it was no one's business what car I drive - so in April, before a match with Almeria, I drove my Ferrari Enzo to work. It caused a scene.'

Ibrahimovic claims that he had a major row with Guardiola after a 4-1 win at Villarreal in May 2010, a game in which he came off the bench to replace young Spanish forward Bojan for just five minutes.

'(Pep) was staring at me and I lost it. I thought "there is my enemy, scratching his bald head". I yelled to him: "You have no balls!" And probably worse things than that.

'I added: 'You are s****ing yourself because of (then Inter manager Jose Mourinho, whose side beat Barca in the Champions League). You can go to hell!" I was completely mad.

'I threw a box full of training gear across the room, it crashed to the floor and Pep said nothing, just put stuff back in the box.

'I'm not violent, but if I were Guardiola I would have been frightened.'

Yip just what we need in the dressing room. A perfect model professional.

You have to put that in to perspective. It has nothing to do with coming on for 5 minutes. This was about 4 months after Guardiola, according to Ibra, started freezing him out, same way he did to Yaya Toure.

You should read the whole thing instead of just a snippet. It's a pretty interesting read actually.

Greenjob said:
No fucking way, he isn't that great, lazy and would spend more time on Canal Street than the oppossition box!! (Not that there's anything wrong with that if your that way mind!!)
You sir! dont know shit. To say Zlatan is not that great is ignorant.

It cant even be an opinion that hes NOT world class footballer.

zeven said:
Greenjob said:
No fucking way, he isn't that great, lazy and would spend more time on Canal Street than the oppossition box!! (Not that there's anything wrong with that if your that way mind!!)

True! Actually the highest performing player on away matches across the 5 top leagues this season, according to whoscored.

InterFANatic said:
Oh, and another point i'd just like to make. Someone said he would do the same thing Tevez did if Mancini stuck him with the reserves. That is highly unlikely. He's a perfect professional, he would never refuse to come on, even if it was just for 2 minutes. That much I do know. Every coach he ever had, even Guardiola, complimented him on his professionalism.

Really? he may not have refused to play in a match while he was on the bench, but I read that he refused to play for Sweden for 6 months because he was punished for indiscipline..I would assume that his country would have desperately needed his services as a world-class striker during that time..
Also, it seems that he threatened to beat up Guardiola? whatever problems he may have been facing while at Barcelona, I don't think he is a poster-boy for professionalism. No, if anything he probably would done something worse than Tevez..

InterFANatic said:
zeven said:
Greenjob said:

True! Actually the highest performing player on away matches across the 5 top leagues this season, according to whoscored.
on the latest rankings hes third only to Ronaldo and Messi.

Thats why i get so damn pisst off when ignorant Enligsh ppl talk about him after seen him a couple of times against english opposition.

If they were to watch him week in week out, they would understand how great he is and why he always are one of the most valued players in all the teams he has played for.

InterFANatic said:
You have to put that in to perspective. It has nothing to do with coming on for 5 minutes. This was about 4 months after Guardiola, according to Ibra, started freezing him out, same way he did to Yaya Toure.

You should read the whole thing instead of just a snippet. It's a pretty interesting read actually.

lol, and what do you think happened with Tevez? That he just exploded for no reason at the Bayern Munich match? Mancini and Tevez has had a frosty relationship ever since Mancini was appointed more than two years ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.