Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocket-footed kolarov said:
We don't need him If we want to play a target man Mario and Edin can play there, and since we are unlikely to adopt that system in most our games why buy a player reliant on that system.

Just because he is tall does not mean he is a target man. He can play the number 10 just as easily.

He is one of Roberto's favourite players within the game so a move for Ibrahimovic would come as no surprise to me. He has been described prior to this thread by Mancini as a "champion" and his acheivements throughout his career speak for themselves and are no coincidence.

He is a very good player and I would welcome him to the club with open arms as whether he would adapt to the physical nature and pace of the premier league at his age would intrigue me. It would be a gamble in that respect but his clinical nature should ensure he surpasses that problem.

I have no preference between Ibrahimovic or Van Persie but to discuss players of this calibre is amazing given where we have come from in such a short space of time. This still feels like a dream that I don't ever want to wake up from.

super_city_si said:
I know some knowledgeable Milan fans and one thing they will say is that Ibra does have a tendency to fail to show up for the biggest games but you can guarantee that the other 90% of the teams he will rape.
He would be great for those games like WBA/Sunderland/Everton where we struggle to break them down. It will often take a moment of individual brilliance to break the deadlock and he can bring that.
But so can Balotelli so I'm in the not bothered camp.
This isn't true. He gained that reputation because of some not so good performances in the CL knockouts. But if you look closer at those there have always been reasons. He's performed on world class level against Barca, Madrid, Arsenal, Bayern, Inter, Spain, Italy, France e.t.c.... he's decided the two biggest derbies in Europe on his own.

Here's from the CL round of 16 this past February:

https://vimeo.com/42464950

He totally owned every single square inch of that field for 90 minutes. One of the most dominant performances by a player in the final stages of CL ever.

I would take him over van Persie, although I can't see us successfully acquiring him.

He's Balotelli's idol so I'm sure Mario would love to play with him again.

If we are serious about buying him then surely it Tevez will be involved in any transaction.

Assuming what some have been saying is correct, we've been struggling to unload Carlos and Kia has been working hard to get him a new club.

AC stated a while back that they would make a concerted effort to get Carlos so maybe a swap for Ibra would make sense.

I agree, lets pay huge money for a 31 year old that would want anything between 200-300k per week. A player that just last year said he would hate to play in England due to the weather.

Smart move by the club if we sign him.

Rammy Blue said:
Assuming what some have been saying is correct, we've been struggling to unload Carlos and Kia has been working hard to get him a new club.

AC stated a while back that they would make a concerted effort to get Carlos so maybe a swap for Ibra would make sense.
Please don't say "AC". It's like calling City "The FC".

Milan had a deal done with Tevez back in January. But that was dependent on Pato leaving for PSG (there was a deal done there too). In the last minute Berlusconi put a stop to it. Pato is, as you may know, dating Berlusconi's daughter, who also is on the MIlan board.

Ibra means everything for Milan. But they are in financial crisis. Italy is, and Berlusconi and his companies are as well. So the reason to let go of Ibra would be to save money. He's on a massive wage (12 million euros). If Milan could get Tevez + 10-20 million and have Tevez on a lower salary it's very possible a deal could happen.

Galliani says it's "100% that Ibra will stay". When ever he starts talking percentages you know something is happening. The summer when Ibra left Barca for Milan started with Galliani saying "I can say to 200% that Zlatan isn't coming to Milan". A few weeks later he said "99%". A week after that he stood outside Camp Nou and told reporters "I'm not leaving Barcelona without Ibrahimovic."

carlos92 said:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic back to Juventus?
Zero chance. Actually less than zero. It's more likely he'll go to Newcastle. His only possible destinations are Madrid and City. I don't think he'd consider PSG unless they sign another 2-3 world class players.
He's been in Juve and won with them. Milan is a much bigger club and have a better squad. Only injuries stopped them from winning last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.