Zonal Marking?

pee dubya said:
If it's executed correctly, i think it's the best method, but the players have to attack the ball, if they just stand in their zone you're going to concede goals.

Wolves were getting a few free headers, but they were from like 15 yards out, have to be a pretty good header from there.

With Given in net is highly unlikely they're going in.

Lets face it, man marking wasn't working on any level so this can only be an improvement.

Liverpool have had one the best fewest goals conceded records in recent years and 90% of the time their zonal marking works out well for em, apart from when they play Everton! but - and this is a word i've heard Mancini say numerous times in the last week - CONCENTRATION is the key thing in these types of defensive situations and if you're concentrating 100% on your job you should be successful when the ball comes into your zone. i played a lot of basketball as a kid and zonal marking is a big thing in that, however I found that mixing between zonal and man-to-man works best!

One of the advantages of zonal marking is there's no blocking which goes on with man marking.
How many times have we seen two attackers and two defenders jostling on the edge of the penalty area, then the attacker at the back makes a forward move and his teammate blocks his marker

Zonal only works if you're well organised.

We are now. I lost count of the amount of headers Kolo won. We looked solid in the air against both Soke and Wolves. I'm not convinced man marking would have produced 2 clean sheets.

Danamy said:
Not sure if this has been covered yet so if it has i apologise and mods can delete.

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are on zonal marking set pieces?
It's given us two clean sheets so far but talking to some dippers fans i know they hate it and has cost them points this season.

Are you a fan of Zonal Marking or not?

No.

Its a European thing.

How many goals have Liverpool leaked from corners since Benitez took over?

I really don't give a rats arse what kind of marking we get up to , just as long as it works .... and our 'marking' , under Hughes , clearly wasn't!

If Mancini , being Italian , reckons it works over there , and wants his team to do it , then so be it ...... if it gets us results how can we complain?

zone marking is ok providing its played in the correct way its also the best for our attacking as when we recover the ball in defense our players are in position to break faster you saw this against wolves when tevez nearly scored

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.