Tosin Adarabioyo

Was at the game last night my thoughts on tosin not a good game to judge him in but I thought he lacked concentration I would compare him to Micha Richards or Nedum O at the same age don't think he as the presence of either and isn't as good a prospect as either at the same age I think he should sign a new contract and go out on loan with Celtic ideally

Strange that 3 or 4 multi eds posters who were giving me such a hard time about my opinions of this player are now the very same ones questioning his ability and progression. This was only two months ago.

When trying to assess young players and their potential, It is not enough to judge them against their peers, it is imperative to evaluate the ceilings of their skillsets.

The eds forum is littered with accounts of potential first teamers, then a slow realisation that progression and potential has disapeared.

He just needs games for the first team. 5-10 games and then we can genuinely evaluate how good he is compared to proper professionals and the rest of the squad.

Strange that 3 or 4 multi eds posters who were giving me such a hard time about my opinions of this player are now the very same ones questioning his ability and progression. This was only two months ago.

When trying to assess young players and their potential, It is not enough to judge them against their peers, it is imperative to evaluate the ceilings of their skillsets.

The eds forum is littered with accounts of potential first teamers, then a slow realisation that progression and potential has disapeared.

Maybe their progression and potential disappears because they don't get a reasonable shot at the first team? I generally think it's tougher for defenders (and keepers) to break through as it's a position with more direct responsibility, so Tosin should have been loaned out.

He just needs games for the first team. 5-10 games and then we can genuinely evaluate how good he is compared to proper professionals and the rest of the squad.

Absolutely right. Or at least playing in a team that is well managed and for a manager/coach that really can do his job. I personally think Tosin can be a top class center back but has allowed himself or is being allowed to coast through games. It really doesn't help when the team ( EDS or whatever) is poorly put together, badly set up and with people playing out of position.

It feels to me he needs a rocket up his arse at times and might just be going through the motions waiting for the next step in his career. He should already have had a little more first team experience imo and now is a must for a loan which guarantees playing time.

They aren't fully prepared and ready to be given that chance when making the transition to the first team.

Absolutely right. Or at least playing in a team that is well managed and for a manager/coach that really can do his job. I personally think Tosin can be a top class center back but has allowed himself or is being allowed to coast through games. It really doesn't help when the team ( EDS or whatever) is poorly put together, badly set up and with people playing out of position.

It feels to me he needs a rocket up his arse at times and might just be going through the motions waiting for the next step in his career. He should already have had a little more first team experience imo and now is a must for a loan which guarantees playing time.

Can you blame him? Pep made a big deal of how talented he was and how much he wanted to work with him in July/August, now 6 months later in he hasn't played for the first team since he beginning of December, but he's accustomed to playing with world class players in training every day and he's told to pack a bag for Salzburg where he can play with kids 2 years below him under a manager who hasn't got a clue. The genius then decided to switch to 3 ATB halfway through the game despite none of them being comfortable with it.

He must be standing there on the pitch freezing his bollocks off and wondering why he's being asked to extend his contract if Pep and City are just going to send him back down to u19 football.

Can you blame him? Pep made a big deal of how talented he was and how much he wanted to work with him in July/August, now 6 months later in he hasn't played for the first team since he beginning of December, but he's accustomed to playing with world class players in training every day and he's told to pack a bag for Salzburg where he can play with kids 2 years below him under a manager who hasn't got a clue. The genius then decided to switch to 3 ATB halfway through the game despite none of them being comfortable with it.

He must be standing there on the pitch freezing his bollocks off and wondering why he's being asked to extend his contract if Pep and City are just going to send him back down to u19 football.

I get the point and especially so re the EDS manager. I just hope he knows totally where he stands with Pep, even if that means he isn't going to use him. BUT I still expect him to be top class when he plays. As I said i think he is top class and I just want to see it all the time

He can't expect to play when he's not committing his future to the club.

And at 19 I'm not sure he should be expecting a heap of game time at a club at our level.

It's clear to me that he is still learning the game at the youth level. It's not hurting him at all playing underage football.

A taste or two in the senior side is great experience. But he shouldnt be thinking UEFA youth league under Davies is beneath him or anything like that

Not ready for the first team otherwise Guardiola (or any of our previous first team managers) would give Tosin or other Academy player more time ahead of the seniors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.