Appealing for witnesses.

Just seen this and sorry to hear about what has happened. I had a slip on the same surface and dislocated my shoulder in 2012. I had a very negative experience dealing with city (someone from the club even photographed the soles of my trainers while I was in agony waiting for the medics would you believe!). A hopeless solicitor didn't help. If you want to pm me your phone number or email I can let you have more detail of how City defended the case in the hope it helps you.

Hi sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately the new flooring I had the problem with was only laid prior to the 2015/16 season so it wouldn't be relevant to my fall.

Nail whoever you can mate, a lost job/earnings could run into 10's of thousands.

I don't buy the club blaming contractors, they know its an issue so get it sorted City not let the problem continue.

Hi sorry to hear about your accident. Unfortunately the new flooring I had the problem with was only laid prior to the 2015/16 season so it wouldn't be relevant to my fall.
Perhaps your right mate but my fall happened in the family stand level 2 on some blue flooring that even the steward admitted was a slip hazard. Don't know if it was the same flooring or not but the line of defence will probably be the same.
Anyway, the offer still stands of a chat and best of luck

Perhaps your right mate but my fall happened in the family stand level 2 on some blue flooring that even the steward admitted was a slip hazard. Don't know if it was the same flooring or not but the line of defence will probably be the same.
Anyway, the offer still stands of a chat and best of luck

It would be interesting if they used the same paint in the south stand which they used in the family stand a couple of years prior, in spite of there being a problem with it.

Nail whoever you can mate, a lost job/earnings could run into 10's of thousands.

I don't buy the club blaming contractors, they know its an issue so get it sorted City not let the problem continue.

Cheers mate. The stupid thing is if the club would have treated me better I doubt I would have gone to a solicitor, I am a bit strange like that, people and being treated correctly are more important than money. They have since replaced the whole flooring with non slip flooring that actually does the job.

I've done some work with the Ambulance Service in the past (N.Wales and Surrey). Every time we dealt with a patient, it was logged on a Patient Report Form. This was to protect both the patient and the Ambulance Service and also for patient transfer (medical records) at the hospital. As far as I know, St Johns also do something similar. These records should be kept for a number of years.

The receiving hospital should also have a Patient Transfer Notice, and there should be a log in the A&E department with your details on arrival.

Also, for the Club to say they have no record of the incident, they could have fallen foul of RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations) under the section regarding injuries to a person who is not at work, such as a member of the public, which are caused by an accident at work and which result in the person being taken to hospital from the site for treatment.

The Club are responsible for the safety and security of paying customers. If a contractor is paid by the Club to carry out flooring work, they are also responsible for checking the quality that work and deciding if it comes up to standard. If the contractor had been paid for that work, then someone at the Club must have ultimately decided it was up to standard.

You could always contact the premier League if you don't make any progress with the Club. Also, as others have said, consider another solicitor. It sounds like yours is being lazy by trying to get you to do all the legwork.

Hope you get some closure soon.

Cheers mate. The stupid thing is if the club would have treated me better I doubt I would have gone to a solicitor, I am a bit strange like that, people and being treated correctly are more important than money. They have since replaced the whole flooring with non slip flooring that actually does the job.
I meant get your issue sorted bud but to be honest I've not noticed any change in the floor covering in SS3.

I've done some work with the Ambulance Service in the past (N.Wales and Surrey). Every time we dealt with a patient, it was logged on a Patient Report Form. This was to protect both the patient and the Ambulance Service and also for patient transfer (medical records) at the hospital. As far as I know, St Johns also do something similar. These records should be kept for a number of years.

The receiving hospital should also have a Patient Transfer Notice, and there should be a log in the A&E department with your details on arrival.

Also, for the Club to say they have no record of the incident, they could have fallen foul of RIDDOR (Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations) under the section regarding injuries to a person who is not at work, such as a member of the public, which are caused by an accident at work and which result in the person being taken to hospital from the site for treatment.

The Club are responsible for the safety and security of paying customers. If a contractor is paid by the Club to carry out flooring work, they are also responsible for checking the quality that work and deciding if it comes up to standard. If the contractor had been paid for that work, then someone at the Club must have ultimately decided it was up to standard.

You could always contact the premier League if you don't make any progress with the Club. Also, as others have said, consider another solicitor. It sounds like yours is being lazy by trying to get you to do all the legwork.

Hope you get some closure soon.

Thanks. I actually thought they had all this information as I gave my permission for my medical records to be released very early on in the proceedings. Speaking to the solicitor on the phone a few days ago it was like starting the claim all over again as it was new to him.

This is what I thought regarding any building work in a business. Whoever is in charge of the operations signs off each job as being done correctly and fit for purpose. Also as you say if I was assessed by the club's medical team and no records kept they will be in hot water here. We probably think they wouldn't be so negligent but after recent events with the doping body I wouldn't be so sure.

Yes my solicitor mentioned this act. I understood it but answered that as it is a public venue going to admit thousands of fans, surely some tests should have been carried out on the flooring prior to doing so. I believe tests were carried out on the seating in the extended section in the south stand so why not the floor?

My problems with the solicitor stem from the original one going on maternity leave and my file being left gathering dust. He now has to pore over all my paperwork from scratch.

He has said there is a possibility they could take both the club and the contractor to court and they may agree to split the damages, it sounds far fetched but I guess possible.
Yeah, the solicitor could take both city and the contractor to court and let the court decide; though I suspect the contract will be in place that city left the design, installation and testing to the 'expert' contractor and that the contractor indemnifies city if any of the above is found to be negligent...so the court would immediately remove city from any liability.
It would then come down to whether the floor is adequate for the location where it was applied, taking into account everything...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.