Applauding opposition goals at Home

I applauded Peter Shilton for Derby at Maine Road when he came off at full time. They beat us 1-0 and he was just unbeatable that day. I also applauded Beckham when I took my son (very begrudgingly) to O.T for his birthday for a game against Sunderland. I've always hated Becks but he was brilliant and never stopped trying. I don't think I could applaud a goal against us though unless it was an ex blue scoring a consolation after a hammering :-)
Let’s get this right: you took your son to Old Trafford. For his birthday. You clapped David Beckham. He was “brilliant” and “never stopped trying”. Can you let me know what Giggs and Scholes were like? I’ve heard they were super and always gave 100%. Speaking of a “hammering”, there’s only one needs handing out here...

My family and I were watching an old City match on the telly a couple of weeks ago v WBA. I think it was about 1970 and they scored at Maine Rd, not only did you hear the away fans but you saw the City fans applauding the goal. I said at the time that you very rare see home supporting applaud an away goal these days even if it's a great goal. The sportsmanship from the game seems to have disappeared, on and off the pitch.
I think a great goal should always be applauded (unless it's the scum;)

Not sure about goals but I recall appaulding Messi a few seasons back when he absolutely pissed on our chips!

Only opposition player I can recall me ever clapping.

Arsenal were applauded off the field at half time some years ago by the whole stadium after they demolished us with breathtaking football, went in 4 nil up. I'm a football fan first and foremost, got to say, Falcaos goal was sublime, I didn't applaud like my best mate, although I did give him credit for a great goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.