Might be in the North West this Summer. Any tips as to hotels and things to see etc.

Manchester Town Hall is worth a visit, and open to the public.
Castlefield has canals, converted warehouses, and nice bars. Dukes 92 & The Wharf to name two.
Northern Quater is worth a visit for food & beer, Spinningfield the same but more upmarket.
Near the Town Hall you can jump on a tram to Media City. Down there are the Lowry theatre/gallery, and the Imperial War Museum North, well worth a visit imo. There is also a decent pub next to the BBC called the Dock bar or something like that, for a bit of lunch.
If you want a fantastic view of the City Centre try the Cloud Bar, 23rd floor of the Beecham Tower.

Magic is no thicko so I suggest Science and Industry museum, Natural history is also worth a visit. Jodrell bank just down the road. Plus our Superb stadium and training/academy Is worth a look,
Jodrell bank is the most boring place on Earth

Do remember to bring some waterproofs and a brolly and of course if you are thinking of doing any outdoor activities a good pair of wellies without leaks are essential. It is after all the monsoon season here from May til Sept.

Coming from Scotland those items are essential for everyday survival.

Magic is no thicko so I suggest Science and Industry museum, Natural history is also worth a visit. Jodrell bank just down the road. Plus our Superb stadium and training/academy Is worth a look,

Do they do the tours of the ground through the summer? And you are right I would love the science and industry museums.

Loads of great suggestions on this so thanks to everybody who took the time to give me a heads up.

Anybody coming up here please feel free to ask for a return of the favour.

Manchester Town Hall is worth a visit, and open to the public.
Castlefield has canals, converted warehouses, and nice bars. Dukes 92 & The Wharf to name two.
Northern Quater is worth a visit for food & beer, Spinningfield the same but more upmarket.
Near the Town Hall you can jump on a tram to Media City. Down there are the Lowry theatre/gallery, and the Imperial War Museum North, well worth a visit imo. There is also a decent pub next to the BBC called the Dock bar or something like that, for a bit of lunch.
If you want a fantastic view of the City Centre try the Cloud Bar, 23rd floor of the Beecham Tower.

Thank you. You captured the kinds of things I would spend a day doing and love it.

You should get a job leading your tourist board. You managed to sort out a greeting faced, moaning middle aged ****, as my kinder friends describe me.

Think how easy it would be to do for normal people? :)

Thank you. You captured the kinds of things I would spend a day doing and love it.

You should get a job leading your tourist board. You managed to sort out a greeting faced, moaning middle aged ****, as my kinder friends describe me.

Think how easy it would be to do for normal people? :)

My pleasure. If you do visit Mcr, and the weather is nice, Castlefield is a great place to visit for a chilled out beer, and a bite to eat. Its part of the City centre but feels like the countryside.

The City stadium tour by the way is really good, and I would recommend you get the tram there and back from the City centre. St Peters Square back of the town hall is best for travelling around on the tram.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.