Shut the f*** up

Combine the two into a bipolar, mumbling section. It would terrify visiting teams with a low, constant drone of white noise.
LOL. We could have the equivalent of the 1894 Group to co-ordinate the moaning. Perhaps we could call it the 1998 Group. They could have a Boo-boy of the Match and a group shout of "Silva - Shoot FFS".

There used to be a bloke sat near me who went into full blown manager mode. Whistling at players and then waving at them to push up 10m. He genuinely seemed to think they were listening to him.

Bloke behind me was slagging off Navas as soon as he came on the pitch, even when we were 3-0 up he was still screaming "Fuck off Navas".. Would love to have known what he was like watching us 10/15 years ago! Chances are he probably wasn't..

When I was 12 I booed Danny Mills when he came on the pitch, my dad gave me a clip around the ear and told me NEVER to boo you own. Stuck with me since!

There used to be a bloke sat near me who went into full blown manager mode. Whistling at players and then waving at them to push up 10m. He genuinely seemed to think they were listening to him.
Used to be a lad near me who called all the players by the first name, like he knew them as in "Well played Joleon" or "Pablo, you've got to track the runner, son"
Haha, what a nob.

Tere is a bloke in-front of me(he goes home and away by the sound of it) and a guy to my left who do not stop slagging the players off. Bravo. Shit. Clichy. Shit. Kolarov. Shit. Navas. Shit. Sterling. Shit - so according to them, half of our team is shit. We are 4th in the league and the FA Cup semi-final. They can't all be that bad

Big boned bloke near me has a major anger problem combined with stunning lack of perspective. He's obsessed with the 'Spanish mafia' at City wanting yes men (Txiki is the route of all evil) and we should never have sacked Mancini because "he doesn't tolerate egos." No logical argument could ever move him from this position and there's no recognition of the bigger picture at all. Despite seemingly going home and away he doesn't sing much and as is de rigueur fucks off at least five minutes early (to Greggs probably).

The thing with people who abuse their favoured boo boy for 90 minutes is that it's all confirmation bias. Navas could put in 4 good crosses in a game (like at the weekend) but if the fifth hits the first man it draws a torrent of invective from the stands. The good stuff is forgotten for the bad. I don't rate Sterling much but City Watch say he should be player of the season. Is this the same Sterling who, as far as I'm concerned, hasn't got a first touch and goes down blind alleys far more often than he beats a man and misses sitter after sitter? That's an exaggeration but you see what you want to see and I don't remember too many of the positives.

The abuse aimed at players and managers is exactly the same as it was 10 or 20 years ago. Manger's clueless, players aren't working hard enough. Occasionally that analysis will be correct if you shout it for long enough but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. It will never change as football is an opportunity for the stupid and the angry to vent their frustrations at people who are much younger, much more talented, much fitter and much richer than they'll ever be. The only recourse against your abuse is if you're stupid enough to be racist of homophobic (big boned bloke has a Donald Trump cap so there's got to be a chance) or if Kolarov tells you to fuck off, in which case you can enjoy being righteously indignant.

I remember at Maine Road, years ago when they rebuilt the Kippax, we ended up in J Block between the Main and North Stands. Anyway, there was a guy a couple of rows behind you used to commentate and name every player. Was quite funny until we were getting beat and it would do everyone's head in.

Also, does anyone know the 'come on city' man in the North Stand, lower section right behind the goal? He sits, approximately, half way up near the aisle. He must say it 100 times a game and he says it even more when we're struggling!

Big boned bloke near me has a major anger problem combined with stunning lack of perspective. He's obsessed with the 'Spanish mafia' at City wanting yes men (Txiki is the route of all evil) and we should never have sacked Mancini because "he doesn't tolerate egos." No logical argument could ever move him from this position and there's no recognition of the bigger picture at all. Despite seemingly going home and away he doesn't sing much and as is de rigueur fucks off at least five minutes early (to Greggs probably).

The thing with people who abuse their favoured boo boy for 90 minutes is that it's all confirmation bias. Navas could put in 4 good crosses in a game (like at the weekend) but if the fifth hits the first man it draws a torrent of invective from the stands. The good stuff is forgotten for the bad. I don't rate Sterling much but City Watch say he should be player of the season. Is this the same Sterling who, as far as I'm concerned, hasn't got a first touch and goes down blind alleys far more often than he beats a man and misses sitter after sitter? That's an exaggeration but you see what you want to see and I don't remember too many of the positives.

The abuse aimed at players and managers is exactly the same as it was 10 or 20 years ago. Manger's clueless, players aren't working hard enough. Occasionally that analysis will be correct if you shout it for long enough but even a stopped clock is right twice a day. It will never change as football is an opportunity for the stupid and the angry to vent their frustrations at people who are much younger, much more talented, much fitter and much richer than they'll ever be. The only recourse against your abuse is if you're stupid enough to be racist of homophobic (big boned bloke has a Donald Trump cap so there's got to be a chance) or if Kolarov tells you to fuck off, in which case you can enjoy being righteously indignant.
I`ll guarantee you it will be someone from off this forum.Mark my words !!

Navas could put in 4 good crosses in a game (like at the weekend) but if the fifth hits the first man it draws a torrent of invective from the stands. The good stuff is forgotten for the bad. I don't rate Sterling much but City Watch say he should be player of the season. Is this the same Sterling who, as far as I'm concerned, hasn't got a first touch and goes down blind alleys far more often than he beats a man and misses sitter after sitter? That's an exaggeration but you see what you want to see and I don't remember too many of the positives.

I don't want to de rail the thread. Are you saying Navas is comparable with Sterling?

Just as an example over how much an improvement Sterling is on Navas,
I know Navas hasn't played much this season, but it's 100 games plus since he scored a goal and for an attacking midfielder that is a truly awful stat

I don't boo any player and if I ever did it certainly would not be Navas, as he gives his all and his attitude is absolutely first class

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.