David Silva not recognised by PFA members - again

It's the same for manager of the season. It usually goes to the manager of the champions. Strangely didn't it 2012 and 2014.
But then again who can forget Pardews wonderful Newcastle team or Pulis's Crystal Palace.

could not give a shit about the PFA its like the freemasons you have to piss in the pot and toe the line
manchester city could win all 4 competitions score the most goals win the most games and we still get nothing from them. i even think that the other players are taking the piss they come here and shake your hands give you a good build up pat on the back everything but then on the team bus are putting the fingers up and laugh

david silva is the best player in the league by a mile everybody knows it and they even says it in the interviews WHAT A PLAYER but when the awards are given out nothing i even think if manchester city won the world cup we still be on halfway down page 4 on the sports pages

I think this pretty much sums up the way the performances/achievements of the club and individual players are recognised by the PFA and similar .

Isn't this the award that the players themselves vote for and in which in 2012 we got 4 players in the team of the year?

Dear Gordon

Do you think it’s strange that yet again PFA members have failed to recognise David Silva’s performance for Man City this season ?

Silva is the goalscoring chance maker supreme with 598 since he joined City in 2010, incorporating 63 direct assists. These stats are unmatched in the Prem during Silva’s almost seven years at City.

But you have to put things into context by comparing like-with-like. Other world class midfielders in the Prem have outstanding seasons and some noticeable poor ones. It’s obvious who they are. Former players turned radio pundits from the same clubs talk endlessly about them while gradually airbrushing away the season-long losses of form. Silva’s form is more consistent and he’s currently having an outstanding season.

Gary Neville has described Silva as the Prem’s top player and its Messi. And you can see why when you look at his significantly high pass completion rate – mostly forward, adventurous passes often through small gaps, and by the way he glides past defenders. It’s not just pleasing on the eye, it’s ultra-effective, year-in year-out.

Some would say there’s a pattern forming here. Sergio Aguero has the best goals per-minute ratio in the history of the Prem, but he’s never been recognised. Joe Hart kept the highest number of clean sheets over a five-year period winning the Golden Gloves a record four times without other recognition. Pablo Zabaleta’s and Vincent Kompany’s colossal performances over many years have never been recognised, and likewise Yaya Toure in his pomp.

Do you not think that this failure of PFA members to recognise any City player, especially Silva, is odd, churlish and devalues the awards ?

Yours sincerely

argee with every word

If we signed a 35 year old striker who scored 28 goals to date in his first season and he was left out of the nominations... people would woman.

So the award should be given to the best goalscorer... or is it just his age that should be a factor? Absolute bollocks!
He's scored a lot of goals - but when you look a bit deeper... the Rags lump everything up to him, their whole game plan is "give it to big-nose", so he get's lots of chances, but look at who he's scored against - apart from a spawny goal against us and one against the dippers, it's been all poor teams - bloke's a flat-track bully... plus how many offside goals has he got?
I'm not saying Silva or Aguero should be in there, but fuck me - there's no way big-nose should be in there - almost as bad as Brayn Riggs getting it a few years back!

So the award should be given to the best goalscorer... or is it just his age that should be a factor? Absolute bollocks!
He's scored a lot of goals - but when you look a bit deeper... the Rags lump everything up to him, their whole game plan is "give it to big-nose", so he get's lots of chances, but look at who he's scored against - apart from a spawny goal against us and one against the dippers, it's been all poor teams - bloke's a flat-track bully... plus how many offside goals has he got?
I'm not saying Silva or Aguero should be in there, but fuck me - there's no way big-nose should be in there - almost as bad as Brayn Riggs getting it a few years back!

He is another player Mancini wanted and had we got him we would have won a lot more!

Sky , talkshite and all other media have thoroughly enjoyed our average season and will be sticking the boot in if we do not win a trophy or god forbid not qualify for the champs league , even if we ever did win the quadruple scoring 200 goals it wouldnt change , they cannot give us any praise at the risk of upsetting their braindead Rag/Dipper customers .Until we have a supporter base comparible with these two media darlings it will not change , not sure why we are surprised all our players our under rated and over looked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.